Has anyone used these motor mounts are they steel?

-

Justin Angle

Reaction score
DODGE DART Trans-Dapt Performance Motor Mounts 4675

I can't seem to find /6 to 5.9 motor mounts that are all steel that come in a kit. I have the transdapt rubber ones on the shelf but was going to return them because I was told they rip apart with the 360 (450hp) Im putting in my duster. So I need the same thing but steel ones but this is all I can find. It says these are steel but they look rubber and just like the ones I already have. has anyone used these or is there another kind out there that are steel for the price?
Thanks
Justin

By these and never look back!!!!
Magnum Poly-Locs

I have then on a 450 esh HP eng pulling a 5800 pound car with drag slick. No problems.
200.00 sounds like an a@# r@]ing to me..but maybe some folks are into that stuff because they're all out of stock.lol
I've welded small steel rod across thr sides of stock rubber mount plates and that worked good...otherwise solid moroso mounts do the job if you dont mind hearing the motor more.

Yup you either buy the polys or you weld it solid. the eng vibrations tolerance is your choice

I spent the money for less vibration.

I tried Poly locs and my mild 408 in a 3450 lb 68 Cuda with drag radials tore them up. Installed solid mounts and I can barely feel anything at all

I can't seem to find /6 to 5.9 motor mounts that are all steel that come in a kit. I have the transdapt rubber ones on the shelf but was going to return them because I was told they rip apart with the 360 (450hp) Im putting in my duster. So I need the same thing but steel ones but this is all I can find. It says these are steel but they look rubber and just like the ones I already have. has anyone used these or is there another kind out there that are steel for the price?
Thanks
Justin
What about Schumacher poly mounts .

Buy the one mount and put it on the side that's known for breaking (Left side ? ). Or get creative and make one like the one you bought for both sides. Two of those mount will rattle your teeth out. One maybe not so much.
Sorry but I completely disagree about rattling your teeth out. I have them in my car and a buddy is using them in his Cuda and I didn't really notice any vibration when I installed them and I drive it a lot. I did have my engine professionally balanced which may have helped. My buddies is an original/stock 340 and just has a very mild vibration.

Justin.....assuming you have biscuit mounts. If so you only need a solid mount on the driver side and can use a rubber mount on the passenger side. You can also run both rubber mounts and a torque strap from Schumacher or Mancini that work great. I’ve seen some torque brackets fabbed that look great too. This still isolates the engine vibration and prevents engine torque from ripping your rubber mount apart. If you decide you still want to go with a solid biscuit on the drivers side send me a pm. I have an extra solid biscuit mount I’ll let you have. I went with rubber mounts and a Schumacher torque strap. Brian.

Thanks
Justin

Justin, I guess no one's looked at the link you provided.........very well. That's a good kit for the money. The driver's side mount in that kit has the poly lock feature on it, so it does not need to be steel.

Sorry but I completely disagree about rattling your teeth out. I have them in my car and a buddy is using them in his Cuda and I didn't really notice any vibration when I installed them and I drive it a lot. I did have my engine professionally balanced which may have helped. My buddies is an original/stock 340 and just has a very mild vibration.

Interesting, I took mine out of my stock 340/4spd and put stock mounts with a strap (chain) because it drove me nuts. No issues since.

Justin, I guess no one's looked at the link you provided.........very well. That's a good kit for the money. The driver's side mount in that kit has the poly lock feature on it, so it does not need to be steel.

I admit I just looked through all the pics from the link. RRR’s right. That’s a good kit for the money.

Yep. Bought them from Shumacher at the Indy show one year. I was surprised too
I had such a problem with the standard rubber motor mount that i thought about buying the strut rod as well. but has been working well so far. finger crossed.
Is it possible that you just got a bad one. like they didn't put the metal reinforcements inside it?
did they just bend or could you see any metal in the rubber?

I had such a problem with the standard rubber motor mount that i thought about buying the strut rod as well. but has been working well so far. finger crossed.
Is it possible that you just got a bad one. like they didn't put the metal reinforcements inside it?

I'm talking about these. Sorry.
Mopar 340 Solid Motor Mount Moroso # 62540 | eBay

It had the reinforcement plates in it. The steel from them started protruding from the silicone (or whatever it was they use, wasn't regular rubber). I suppose it's always possible that they got a bad batch of material

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm just now seeing these somehow. But after posting the question I just went with the moroso solid steel mounts because I wasnt sure about the strength of the ones I posted. Their not in the car yet because I'm still waiting on my motor to be done. But if they are too rough I'll try another route

-
Back