Has,nt sunk in yet

-
Well,made it thru the first week pulling pipe wrenches and jumping on a shovel. Didnt realize how "soft" I had gotten. No stress anymore and gonna get back in shape,maybe trim off some pounds. Maybe everything happens for a reason and the reason was I need to improve my health. I keep telling myself that.I,m 57 and working with a guy 23 sure is whipping my *** though.Wish me luck as I continue to try and hang in there.

Dave......

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y"]Toby Keith - As Good As I Once Was - YouTube[/ame]

lol

if the old boss calls...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rb4RTOST1g"]Dierks Bentley - How Am I Doin - YouTube[/ame]

If you were golden in your work place and they just dropped you.

You may have a case for age discrimination , after all its a federal law so it would be worth looking into even now that you got another job.

Sorry to hear what happened to you !
God does have a plan !
Unfortunately I have been down the same road and know the pain it caused me on so many levels !! For that I'm sorry and pray for Gods comfort for you and your family !
For me I eventually started my own company and I'm almost two years in and doing well God has blessed me !
God bless !!
Jim

If you were golden in your work place and they just dropped you.

You may have a case for age discrimination , after all its a federal law so it would be worth looking into even now that you got another job.

With the boss and two sons backing each other up I dont think i,d stand much of a chance seeing that Texas is a right to work state.Thanks for the thought though.

Update, after my 60 day review I got a raise of a grand a month and things are going good. Buisier than a one legged man in an *** kicking contest but it feels good to be appreciated. I just might make it.

Busy is a good thing. Being appreciated is even better. An extra grand a month, best of all! Good to hear that things are working out for you.

I'm in middle management. You know, people under me-people over me. Money pays the bills, but feeling appreciated makes you want to get up and go to work. I don't always get it from the top, but I make sure those below me do.

Glad to hear things are working out for you Pete.... hang in there man. This happened to my wife a month ago, she was the service manager at a Mitsubishi dealership. She was bumbed but hung in there and just finished her first week at our local Ford dealer back as a service advisor for more money. We get severance pay here so she ended up with a payed holiday. We are sure thinking of you. Know how hard it is without the moola coming in

Good work from a good worker will pay off in the long run. At least you will be able to go home knowing you did your best. Pride in your work is a good thing. Glad to hear you turned the corner, and the light at the end of the tunnel ain't no train.

Congratulations Pete. This is great news in today's economy. All things happen for a reason. Sometimes we can't see it right away, but the end result speaks for itself. Sounds like your original employer lost out and didn't realize what they had with you. :thumblef:

Basic rule of thumb when job (or career )hunting....

Plan to spend 30 days looking for every $10,000 you looking for in salary.

$30K=3 months, $40K=4 months, $50K=5 months, etc.

Frankie i,m way ahead of that curve. I had this job landed 4 days after being let go.

I'm glad things are looking up! I also believe things happen for a reason. If your new job is helping you get back in shape, then you will be better off in the long run anyways.

-
Back