hate Hate HATE it !!!

-
One day this guy comes over with a 69 340 dart AT 8 3/4 car with all parts there and minimal surface rust but hardly any interior left. He offers it to me complete with org motor an all for $1500. Well being that I had 2 cars in the driveway all ready and an angry fiance I had to decline, but not before calling EVERYONE I KNEW to pass along this sweet deal....

Long story short...he said he had no where to keep it and was done dragging it around, so he proceeded to gut all that would un bolt from it and hauled it of to lee's scrap iron to be recycled.

well he didn't scrap it before asking if anyone wanted it. the same people that are pissed that he scrapped it are the same that didn't step up and buy it from him when it was offered. i really don't see the big deal here. either step up and buy or the owner does what he wants with it.. he couldn't store it. asked around to see if he could get a buyer, no one stepped up and he did what he had to do.

Okay, I would fit in the "parter" category. I have parted out many cars including a 70 383 4spd air grabber runner and I pulled parts off of a 67 383 B-cuda before someone FINALLY bought it. Some of the cars I have parted were nice examples of project cars. The thing is, is people always post what they think a car is worth in the "WIW" threads, yet no one is willing to pay that. I have always offered the car for sale before parting it. If no one buys the car, I will part it. I usually make more money that way anyway. Am I a bad car person, no. Am I going to get **** over what I just said, probably. I will say that there are a TON of very nice cars out there that have parts on them that came from me. I started doing this when I was 15 and I am turning 27 this month. I have even brought a few HEMI cars to the surface and have had my hand in on MANY high dollar restos. I remember not to long ago when I had my fairly clean 73 340 4spd Duster project listed on here for sale. I was selling it minus engine, but everything else was there. I had a hard time getting $1000 out of it. I could have parted it for more than that and I was about ready to. The guy with the 69 340 Dart did what he could to sell it. He didn't have the place to store it and YOU didn't buy it. So you as a potential buyer are just as much to blame as he is for letting the car get parted. Truth hurts huh? I'll be honest. I am parting two third gen chargers right now and the bulk of the cars are going to get ran in demolition derbies this year. Thats right, two Dodge Chargers are going to get derbied this year because I can literally sell them for more as derby cars than people will pay for a parts car. Is that my fault? HELL NO! Trust me though, most good parts are coming off and will be sold. I will try to sell them here or on DC.com, but face it. You make more money on Ebay. But I try to give people a fair chance and if you want what I have, its pretty much all for sale. I have had allot of fun, met a ton of great people, and made a fair amount of money doing what I do. And the coolest part is when I see a car in a magazine or at a show that have parts that came from me. I have owned upwards of 200 mopars and I would say over half of them got parted. Chargers, Darts, Duster's, Demon, B'cuda's, pretty much everything.

Can't save 'em all boys;
If there weren't people like me out there that wasn't afraid to part a car out, can you imagine how hard it would be to get some of those parts? Any car that is worth a resto, I truly do try to sell, but I can only hold product for so long. Then I will part it, again, I will only hold product for so long. I have a few Challenger parts that are about to go to the scrap because no one will buy them. I have even offered to give some stuff away for shipping and guess what, no one even wants to pay shipping. But if I send a very nice rust free challenger door to the scrap. How many of you would criticize me? probably several. So look at it in that aspect too. You can only hold stuff for so long before it's in the way. I had a 360 that I gave a member here, I just gave another 360 away too. But if no one wanted them, they would have went to the scrap too.

I will be a "partter" for life.

oh ya, I am working on picking up two clean 66 coronets that I will promptly strip as well. They are missing crucial parts and I am sure no one will want the whole car. But the parts will be wanted by many. Keep doing what your doing 69_dart. I know what its like to be going threw school. A little extra money sometimes means the difference in eating or not.

Jeremy

ha ha..yeah...what ever makes you feel better.

parts guys are cool, we need them.

but the ones that take runners or good condition #'s muscle cars and cut them up r 'to me' just lame-O's

I mention no names, I am not personally attacking anyone.
It's jmo.

I have found on the Early A Bodies they are worth way more parted out than anyone will pay for a whole one. I buy them cheap on Ebay and save every piece to resell.

Just look at it this way,
The fewer number of your car that is left the more valuable your car is.

Okay, I would fit in the "parter" category. I have parted out many cars including a 70 383 4spd air grabber runner and I pulled parts off of a 67 383 B-cuda before someone FINALLY bought it. Some of the cars I have parted were nice examples of project cars. The thing is, is people always post what they think a car is worth in the "WIW" threads, yet no one is willing to pay that. I have always offered the car for sale before parting it. If no one buys the car, I will part it. I usually make more money that way anyway. Am I a bad car person, no. Am I going to get **** over what I just said, probably. I will say that there are a TON of very nice cars out there that have parts on them that came from me. I started doing this when I was 15 and I am turning 27 this month. I have even brought a few HEMI cars to the surface and have had my hand in on MANY high dollar restos. I remember not to long ago when I had my fairly clean 73 340 4spd Duster project listed on here for sale. I was selling it minus engine, but everything else was there. I had a hard time getting $1000 out of it. I could have parted it for more than that and I was about ready to. The guy with the 69 340 Dart did what he could to sell it. He didn't have the place to store it and YOU didn't buy it. So you as a potential buyer are just as much to blame as he is for letting the car get parted. Truth hurts huh? I'll be honest. I am parting two third gen chargers right now and the bulk of the cars are going to get ran in demolition derbies this year. Thats right, two Dodge Chargers are going to get derbied this year because I can literally sell them for more as derby cars than people will pay for a parts car. Is that my fault? HELL NO! Trust me though, most good parts are coming off and will be sold. I will try to sell them here or on DC.com, but face it. You make more money on Ebay. But I try to give people a fair chance and if you want what I have, its pretty much all for sale. I have had allot of fun, met a ton of great people, and made a fair amount of money doing what I do. And the coolest part is when I see a car in a magazine or at a show that have parts that came from me. I have owned upwards of 200 mopars and I would say over half of them got parted. Chargers, Darts, Duster's, Demon, B'cuda's, pretty much everything.

Can't save 'em all boys;
If there weren't people like me out there that wasn't afraid to part a car out, can you imagine how hard it would be to get some of those parts? Any car that is worth a resto, I truly do try to sell, but I can only hold product for so long. Then I will part it, again, I will only hold product for so long. I have a few Challenger parts that are about to go to the scrap because no one will buy them. I have even offered to give some stuff away for shipping and guess what, no one even wants to pay shipping. But if I send a very nice rust free challenger door to the scrap. How many of you would criticize me? probably several. So look at it in that aspect too. You can only hold stuff for so long before it's in the way. I had a 360 that I gave a member here, I just gave another 360 away too. But if no one wanted them, they would have went to the scrap too.

I will be a "partter" for life.

oh ya, I am working on picking up two clean 66 coronets that I will promptly strip as well. They are missing crucial parts and I am sure no one will want the whole car. But the parts will be wanted by many. Keep doing what your doing 69_dart. I know what its like to be going threw school. A little extra money sometimes means the difference in eating or not.

Jeremy

hell yes %100 on the dot

hey maybe u could part the cars out and give all the part away would the make everybody happy lol

Think about this guys he is making money to go thru school, when he's done hopefully he can be one of the lucky ones to get that dream job and great pay and will be able to save more than one mopar best of luck to you don't give up on your goal.

J-Mac seems to have the hobby's interest at heart. I'm sure he would love to be on that cable TV show "hoarders" but he has to make a living. I understand everyone's opinions. I'm thankful to have found pieces I've needed from "parters" I have personally parted my very first car which was totally salvageable but I found my 66 convertible which was totally rust free. At the time I didn't have the space, resources or the expertise to restore it the way I wanted. So I took everything off the car that I could use in the future if my convertible was ever damaged. Lucky I did this because my original decklid was destroyed when it fell off the transport trunk coming back from the soda blaster. So now my original first car (and mopar) lives on in the 66 Vert. Nostalgia of my first car preserved :)

I did have a 68 dart that I parted out for myself and was able to sell it as roller to a flipper. I got the better end of the deal but at least the car was saved. I agree you can't save them all.

Good luck to the parters and please continue offering them first as salvageable. Thanks for those that offer here on FABO first too. EBAG does suck sometimes.

-
Back