hate to ask 73 dart sport 15-16s?

-

ducter

Reaction score
Sorry to ask, searched for a while and not really having much luck.

73 dart sport, currently has a mix match of steelies. I am doing some price figuring on getting all the parts needed to get her back on the road. I have basically confused myself here lol, what size wheels will fit on it? Have no idea about large bolt pattern or small, or how to know which is which even if I measured. Car was a 340 if that helps at all.

thanks

Typically 14" wheels and tires. I would suggest 15's on the back 14's on the front.

Here is how to measure the bolt pattern.

Attachments

• tech-boltcircle.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 457
Thank you for the image, very helpful. How would I determine if it was smb or lbp then the backspacing needed? Basically I am looking around at summits and haven't had much luck in figuring out what would fit.

Thanks again.

The backspacing on my stock wheels are right at 4". SBP is 4" LBP is 4.5"

Thank you for the image, very helpful. How would I determine if it was smb or lbp then the backspacing needed? Basically I am looking around at summits and haven't had much luck in figuring out what would fit.

Thanks again.

Does the car have disc brakes on the front. It should be a single piston caliper if it does so that would be large bolt pattern. If it has drums on the front it would be small bolt pattern.

Does the car have disc brakes on the front. It should be a single piston caliper if it does so that would be large bolt pattern. If it has drums on the front it would be small bolt pattern.

Thanks, I think thats the rest of what I was looking for. Almost positive it has disc on the front. I haven't pulled any of the wheels yet but when I was under it the other day looking at everything pretty sure I saw disc brakes.

Ok, from the replies here and looking at the car, it's lbp which would make it 4.5bs, correct?

If I wanted to go with 16s, would it be as simple as 16s on [email protected] or adapters and such needed? A tire size that would fit front and rear without spacers?

Ok, from the replies here and looking at the car, it's lbp which would make it 4.5bs, correct?

If I wanted to go with 16s, would it be as simple as 16s on [email protected] or adapters and such needed? A tire size that would fit front and rear without spacers?

I believe all '73s had front disks...at least the V8s did.

You're right on about the 4.5" bolt circle.

16" wheels don't look right on these cars, IMO...Years back, I bought my 15"x8" Rallye wheels for my '73 Dart Sport and they look perfect on the car...factory offset is a sure fit.

http://www.shopvintagewheels.com/ra...0000/All+Products/Rallye+Wheels+for+Chrysler/

Good luck!!

Sorry to ask, searched for a while and not really having much luck.

73 dart sport, currently has a mix match of steelies. I am doing some price figuring on getting all the parts needed to get her back on the road. I have basically confused myself here lol, what size wheels will fit on it? Have no idea about large bolt pattern or small, or how to know which is which even if I measured. Car was a 340 if that helps at all.

thanks

Maybe the picture of my Dart Sport can help you. (mine are 4.5 in BP)
These are 14x5.5 front with 225/70/14 and 15x8 rear with 275/60/15.
(Rear backspacing is 4.25 in)

Attachments

• DSC_0380 (Medium).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC_0385 (Medium).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC02211 (Medium).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC02207 (Medium).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 362
  • DSC02205 (Medium).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 357
Maybe the picture of my Dart Sport can help you. (mine are 4.5 in BP)
These are 14x5.5 front with 225/70/14 and 15x8 rear with 275/60/15.
(Rear backspacing is 4.25 in)

:glasses7:
I need to go change my pants. That's a great looking 'Sport.

What color is that paint? It looks so good it SHOULD have been an original color.

:glasses7:
I need to go change my pants. That's a great looking 'Sport.

What color is that paint? It looks so good it SHOULD have been an original color.

You're making me blush now.
It's Vitamin C. Too bad these aren't thought of as highly as the 70-73's. the production number for the Sport 360 in 75 was only 1043 !!

They made almost twice as many Superbirds :banghead:

If your going with bigger wheels I recommend at least 17" because of a lot more options tire wise. 18" have even a bigger selection.

17 or 18" wheels/tires look great on these cars. So much better then tiny *** 14" do.

You just have to make sure you get the proper backspace.

Some more great info, thank you all. Love seeing the pictures as they are an inspiration...thats all I have right now lol.

My thought was a bit bigger wheel would allow much lager selection of wheels/tires but I have to admit thats a beautiful stance Sport 360.

I put factory 15 x 6 1/2" wheels from a 77 Chrysler New Yorker with 205 70 15's on it on my 75 Sport. Made a big difference improving the handling and stability. 205 70 15's are about the biggest tire I'd put on the front of that car as they are real close to the edges of the wheel openings at the very bottom of each. Sport came with factory 10.87" disc brakes.

-
Back