have a frankenstine

-

pumasoul

Reaction score
have found that i have b-body suspension on a-body dart need new front end or at least new upper and lower control arms. I could use some advice or direction:banghead:

What kind of direction are you looking for?

first, we need to know what you have, then what are your questions? (year, and model)

There are basically two generations of suspensions.

The early style from 64-72, and the later style from 73-76.

The early ones have the smaller diameter upper ball joint, and came with the smaller diameter (4" bolt pattern wheels).

The later style has the larger upper ball joint and had the larger bolt pattern rims, which are easier to find as they are common b&E body and also a Ford pattern, so there is more of a rim selection for those.

Many guys are swapping the later 73-76 suspensions on the early cars to switch to the larger bolt pattern in the front.

There are options to get the rear to the larger bolt pattern if needed also, but that depends on what axle you plan to run..

have found that i have b-body suspension on a-body dart need new front end or at least new upper and lower control arms. I could use some advice or direction:banghead:

That's impossible to have B body suspension on an a body car.

Firstly, there is no way that a B-E Body upper control arms will fit in an a body.
Those UCA's are way to "wide" to fit.

And the "shafts" that are in lower control arms are different outer diameters, and overall length between A body, and B body cars.

You need to do some homework, and find out exactly what you have, and what your working on.

Firstly, there is no way that a B-E Body upper control arms will fit in an a body.

And the "shafts" that are in lower control arms are different outer diameters, and overall length between A body, and B body cars.

You need to do some homework, and find out exactly what you have, and what your working on.

Precisely.

I agree too.

Need pics and what specific parts you believe are B-body. And what parts are causing you trouble.

-
Back