Have an interview next Tuesday

-
If you enjoy the work, good luck to you. Maybe that job is a good fit in your case.
In 2007 I worked as a Maintenance Carpenter for a CA school district.
I ******* HATED every minute of it. Every minute, every day, every boring task....
I had 20 years in the Carpenters union and was convinced by my Wife and family that the safety and the steady job would be a good move. I quit framing and went to "work" for the District.
I was bored out of my brain. In construction, I'm a mover, a hustler. I get **** done. At the District job, NOBODY was in a hurry to do anything. Typical Liberal government types everywhere. Hey, its taxpayers money, take your time!
**** that.
I already hated Liberals, entitled snowflakes and condescending educators. I would have never taken the job had it not been for the suggestions from others.

If you enjoy the work, good luck to you. Maybe that job is a good fit in your case.
In 2007 I worked as a Maintenance Carpenter for a CA school district.
I ******* HATED every minute of it. Every minute, every day, every boring task....
I had 20 years in the Carpenters union and was convinced by my Wife and family that the safety and the steady job would be a good move. I quit framing and went to "work" for the District.
I was bored out of my brain. In construction, I'm a mover, a hustler. I get **** done. At the District job, NOBODY was in a hurry to do anything. Typical Liberal government types everywhere. Hey, its taxpayers money, take your time!
**** that.
I already hated Liberals, entitled snowflakes and condescending educators. I would have never taken the job had it not been for the suggestions from others.
Don’t hold back Greg, tell us how you really feel! :D

I’ll try that.
The thing that always throws me off is that with the school district you usually end up being interviewed by 3 or 4 people all at the same time. I get nervous with just one person.
I know for the custodial side of things they go off a script so it’s the same questions every time, so I got that nailed. Just not sure what they’ll ask on the administrative stuff

If you get nervous, just visualize the interviewer with no cloths on.
Puts them right in their place.
No really, remember they are no better than you.

I'm not a day shift person.
Always worked swings if possible
But...
h8bepzJ.png

Ahhhhh, that was a little rough. I think I gave pretty good answers for most questions, maybe not so good on a couple. And I was noticeably nervous, but being interviewed by four women at one time can be a little nerve racking.

Plus I’m competing with a woman who already works in that building, and she’s currently covering this position for the one who left the job.

They tend to make their decisions rather quickly, but if I had to venture a guess, I’d say I probably won’t be hearing from them tonight.

Four women?
I hope you didn't take @adriver 's advice, or you sure would have blown it
(The interview, I mean)

We’ll ain’t that a pisser.

Just heard that the job went to the woman who has already been covering that position for the person who left.

Pretty sure this was one of those deals where they knew who they wanted to give it too, but HR makes them go through the motions of interviewing others to make it look legit.

Major bummer, would have been nice to get off swing shift, and it would have been about a $5 an hour raise.

In the custodial world day shift jobs are few and far between.

We’ll ain’t that a pisser.

Just heard that the job went to the woman who has already been covering that position for the person who left.

Pretty sure this was one of those deals where they knew who they wanted to give it too, but HR makes them go through the motions of interviewing others to make it look legit.

Major bummer, would have been nice to get off swing shift, and it would have been about a $5 an hour raise.

In the custodial world day shift jobs are few and far between.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.... The job wasn't meant for you but that doesn't mean you don't keep your ear to the ground until the right job pops up for you..... Something will come up.

JW

Also, consider yourself a little more practiced and experienced for the next time.

I feel for you. I've learned when its a government job, they usually know who its going to, but they have to go thru the motions. The good news is you already work for the system, so you have that going for you.
I was going to apply for a county job once, a guy I was friendly with worked there. He pulled me off to the side and basically told me that the agency had already decided who they were hiring, but they needed at least 5 veteran applicants. A secretary wanted a promotion, but their funding states vets get priority. Frank said it was dirty what they were doing wasting vets time, said they couldn't fill slot for 6 mos if they don't get the 5 candidates.
This all came out a couple years later, the director lost his job, (sorta, he's a court bailiff now) but that woman still works in the position denied to a veteran.

Agree about sometimes position is already promised to someone else. It happens, and it happens often enough.

Everything happens for a reason. Might have been a bad fit. Might have been a bullshitter boss to work for. Either way, you're a good person. Something else will come your way.

-
Back