Have I De-masc-u-lated Myself?

-
I'd paint a big white star on each front door & stencil "Official use only" underneath !

great Idea... who cares if the wife don't like more room for her girl friends to ride in it.... Love the dog dish caps leave them on it...sets it off perfect

No way! Those 4-doors need love too! Plus... something different about a 4 door car every now and then.

Hey kewl car!!! maybe find the right dawg dishes for it and fix the gas cap so it's in line.....detail up the engine compartment to be as clean as the rest of it and a half decent set of tunes......M.E.R.V. (multi entrance race vehichle) :cheers:

If people ask why your drive a 4 door just tell them "Because I have more friends than you!" or "Because my wife likes the back seat!" or just kick them in the balls!

Ok. I feel better. Aside from Demon Seed's obsession with HP, I think general consensus is I remain male in this car. I really like the idea that it's so uncool it's cool. I'm going to try that one on the wife.

Ok. I'm throwing this out there for a little humor. I purchased the attached green Dart 72 two days ago. It's still being shipped. This is a FOUR DOOR. It's very BASIC. And... it's a Dodge Dart. The first response of my wife was asking me whether I had lost my (wal)nuts.

Now, I'm asking you to vote here. Is a four door, stripped, green 72 Dodge Dart not cool? I just turned 40 so I guess I have some sensitivities here. But I must confess that I have always gravitated to the following types of cars: Stock, 4 Door, Not hot rodded, No major mods other than driveability. Hell, I even love wagons! As in STATION WAGONS. You know, like a nice 65 Ford Country Squire.

But somehow, maybe, in buying this green dart I have crossed some line. Some crazy line in the sand where I am just no longer an upstanding MALE in the community. Am I now a grammie? Your thoughts appreciated. Frankly, I just think the thing is damn cool, a real find, and I don't care what the neighbors say when I pull it out and wash it. But, well, maybe I'm wrong...

Look wife dead in the eye and say with a straight face, "It's easier for all my girlfriends to ride with me at 1 time, besides it takes less times at errands with all of them. (Chineese fire drill style, beer run, all out all in, 4 cases of beer in 2 min.?) Priceless.

Better loading on vacation!8)
Love you car!

Sides, it'l still take most of the cars on the road from light to light action and look great doing it!!!!

I admit i'm obsessed with HP=P~ (some would say possessed) but hey that's why I'm here.8) I guess I'll just have to build my own. Who's got a post 69 4 door A body for sale preferrably with a nasty looking paint job (primer would be nice).

Sorry for the hijack BTW.

Cops drive 4 doors every day...ya gonna call them wimps??
I can see it now....

1976PlymouthALL06.jpg

You have a great start with that car. No man is emasculated if he is willing to restore a Mopar. It is a more constructive and less expensive way to offset a mid-life crisis than having an affair. (Just do not throw that concept at your wife in the middle of an argument or she may pull a "Bobbit" on you...) :snakeman:

NICE. Great to see another. I cleaned it up quite a bit. Will post pics when I take them. Amazing how the finish came back after almost 40 years.

my daily driver is a 73 4dr valiant mild 318 with shift kit amd dual exhaust.
to each his own but just to warn everyone from the 70s has a "my mom had one of those" stories lol:thumblef:

when I was going to buy a 1970 4 door sat and turn it into a 4 door roadrunner I was going to put a decal on the back window that said "MINE HAS MORE DOORS THEN YOURS" :angry3:

Use a 440 w/ stock exhaust manifolds (Headers aren't "sleeper"), and tuck one side of the exhaust up higher and only show one tailpipe out the back. No hood scoop. Column shifter, no gauges, etc. Maybe even turbo it.

Maybe something like this?......... I think you scored a very COOL car. Take wifey out parkin in it. The possibilities are endless with those back doors open. Mid life crisis, maybe, (If so enjoy the hell out of it:-D) but I,m sure she would rather you have it with a car and let her join in than with another woman. Emasculated...NOT!! Enjoy your new toy

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

Cool! Hide those cooler lines, paint the back wheels body color and put the dog dishes on.
Nice car! Very clean!

I think it falls into the "so uncool it's twice as cool" category- and, incidentally, is damn close to my dream Mopar.

Definitely keep it stock- we're talking about the SLANT SIX here, man! They may not be much for tirefrying, but will acheive interstellar level mileage figures as long as their caretakers keep the crankcases 3 or 4 quarts full of some kind of petroleum lubricant. Hell, a millenium after the Apocalypse, roving bands of mutant cockroachoids will battle each other under nuclear winter skies for territory, driving slant-powered Darts and Volvo 240s- that's not badass cool? Of course it is!

I like the Army Staff Car idea, but I think you should hold out for a WWII-era car to give that treatment to..
41mercuryarmy.jpg

ROFL!!!
Well said.
May I use your quote?

Later,
Bruce B.

That is a really nice car! I'd kill for my Dart to be that nice. Yours make a good sleeper if you are into that, or just a nice car to cruise in!

-
Back