Have u cut out your inner fenderwalls?

-

Duster-Sweden

Long live the 80s!
Reaction score
Im thinking about cutting out my front inner fenderwalls, due to rust and the fact that im thingking of some form of racing (street). If u have it, does the eginebay get dirty allot? I mean, im not going on gravelroads whit it but still.

Street racing is a good way to kill yourself, 4 year old little girls, grand mothers, and so on.....

Ever look at the inside of a fender? See all that dirt? Where do YOU think it is going to go if you cut the inner fenders out?

Street racing is a good way to kill yourself, 4 year old little girls, grand mothers, and so on.....

Ever look at the inside of a fender? See all that dirt? Where do YOU think it is going to go if you cut the inner fenders out?

Wow, he was just asking a question. Maybe he meant the racing look, driven on the street?

Do you want to remove the entire inner fender? I have mine cut out for my headers and yes, some dirt comes in, mainly when raining is when it can get messy. I have made covers for mine to close up the hole a bit, makes it a lot better for keeping the dirt and water out.

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 282.jpg

I agree, racing on the street is too dangerous. Also, with the car being a unibody, you can't just start cutting, you need to keep structural integrity.

There's also a legal form of racing called Street-X (in some areas) consisting of tight, parking lot setup, cone tracks.

Wow, he was just asking a question. Maybe he meant the racing look, driven on the street?

Do you want to remove the entire inner fender? I have mine cut out for my headers and yes, some dirt comes in, mainly when raining is when it can get messy. I have made covers for mine to close up the hole a bit, makes it a lot better for keeping the dirt and water out.

Hey Keith, how do you like those Hooker semi fenderwells? I like what you did to cover the inner fender holes. May do the same.

Hey, that looks real good!!!! Your engine bay looks awesome. I cant believe it looks so good being cut out like that. Great job.

Hey Keith, how do you like those Hooker semi fenderwells? I like what you did to cover the inner fender holes. May do the same.

I like them, the fit is real nice and no header leaks yet!

Hey, that looks real good!!!! Your engine bay looks awesome. I cant believe it looks so good being cut out like that. Great job.

Thanks a lot!!
8)

I welded mine back up for the street but that is before I saw the pics of 66340sedans engine bay, that is sweet.
I still will stay with stock manifolds with the engine bay closed up, with the engine I have they will be fine.

-
Back