Have you seen the New Demon concept

-

LowDart

BR-Dodge
Reaction score
I prefer the Oldies,but ...Heres the Dodge Demon Concept.What do you think of him ,Nothing special isnt'it?Someone know wich engine goes in it.

dodge_demon_genebra_1.jpg

dodge_demon_genebra_2-.jpg

it won't keep the name, bc i mean...today's society people biotch about much more, and back then the name rose a bunch of controversy..i could see it being named valiant,scamp, or dart though....or even duster

Valiant, Scamp and Duster are Plymouth names, don't think they will using them.

Chuck

340mopar said:
Valiant, Scamp and Duster are Plymouth names, don't think they will using them.

Chuck

it's still mopar, and bein plymouth isn't around anymore, i think it would be great to carry on the name(s).

That's exactly what i was thinking Wilnutt!!!!There's nothing there from a Demon!!!The back look's like a fuc#*!g AUDI or something ..I mean they should create a new name if they are not getting anything from the old ones!!!!If you are going to create a concept car based on an classic,you must keep some caracteristics of him,isnt'it?like,..Wheres the Demon Scoops?

well i vote on dart anyways so..lol...

i think they should do dart

and then offer the 2.4l turbo srt-4 engine as an upgrade,with tHe old school colors and stripes (like the new daytona) and do that one the demon..

that way no one can whine about wanting the car but bein' offended by the name..GET A DART CRY BABIES!!lol

It's crap man. There's nothing interesting there. Just call it an Aries Sport.

I guess they can call it whatever they want as long as the commercials don't try to draw comparisons to my Demon. After all they called that 300 with a different grill a Charger didn't they.

Terry

demon seed said:
I guess they can call it whatever they want as long as the commercials don't try to draw comparisons to my Demon. After all they called that 300 with a different grill a Charger didn't they.

Terry

Whom ever had the final sign-off on using the Charger name on that FOUR DOOR lump deserves a chop meat enema and and visit with some hungry Lions.....

And why does that concept car have to have a retro nameplate? Maybe they should pay someone to come up with an ORIGINAL name and create history, instead of repeating it.

Maybe if it remotely resembled the original demon like the new Challenger is unmistakeably modeled after the original Challenger, otherwise, they should just call it a wussified looking chick car with what I see.
Yuk, what a slap to the face.

Yuk, what a slap to face to original Demon owners.
C'mon, that thing does not even remotely resemble a demon.

Looks like daimler is way off again with the Mopar crowd.
I wonder which mercedes platform that car is based off of to keep from retooling.
They should just call it the Chrysler "Chick Car", and leave the Demon name for something more deserving of the name.

Damn Germans can't get it right.

To much plastic!! may as well put scurts on it and call it a Shirley Temple :glasses7:

what in the world are they thinking. if thats suppose to be a demon a demon i have some ocean front property in nebraska i would sell them. lets hope the demon name isn't on that sports car wannabe. FOR PETES SAKE A DEMON IS AN AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR ICON! :blah5:

Two seat roadsters arent "chic cars". If done right it could be a poor mans sports car. Thats what Dodge is trying to achieve with this car. What sucks is the names they are choosing for these cool cars they are making. The new Charger, for its size and duty, should have been called the Polara, with the top Model being called the Monaco, just like back in the sixties. If they didnt want to use Monaco for the top of the line version, they could have gotten away with Polara SRT8. Polaras could be had with 4 doors (although back in the 60s even the big flagship cars were cooler with 2 doors instead of 4). The new charger isnt selling bad, but in the 60s the Polara/Monaca/Fury were almost the same size car as the big Chrysler car, so Polara would have been a better choice.
I think its funny when people say theres nothing on the new charger that resembles the old charger. Well alot of people forget the first charger was nothing more then a fast back coronet, and the new chargers back window does slop back like a fastback 67 charger....a little.
Putting the charger aside, I hope this "demon concept" makes it to production. With a turbo and six speed this little "chic car" will not only be able to smoke a new 5.7 hemi challenger in the 1/4 mile, but itll easily out corner the 4200lb challenger on a roadcourse, and cost thousands less. Id like to see dodge steal some sales from the Soltice,Miada, and Sky with this car.
I understand alot of people are only concerned about going fast in a strait line, but there are plenty of Mopar nuts who actually race their mopars on road courses, so itll be nice if Chrysler makes this so they can be raced against other small sports cars. Rumour is that these will start out closer to $15,000 which is $5,000 less then a Solstice.
Im making my 64 dart convertible into somewhat of a poors mans sports car, with long cruises down 2 lane blacktop a must. Being 6'3", i dont think i could fit into one of these little roadsters anyway. I agree with most of you guys about the name. I think a name from the 80s would work out better, howabout Dodge Shadow. Shadow sounds better then demon for a sports car anyway.That said someone might get mad because Dodge used the name Shadow on a car that looks nothing like a Shadow. Howabout Dodge ShortStuff, because only shorter guys will be able to drive them.

It seems they are useing old nameplate to attract sells. Which to me isn't the wqyt o go if they are not going ot make it look like it did. It just seem all that are coming out have about the same grill. And it isn't even American looking. They all look like their German junk.

cudaspaz said:
Yuk, what a slap to face to original Demon owners.
C'mon, that thing does not even remotely resemble a demon.

Looks like daimler is way off again with the Mopar crowd.
I wonder which mercedes platform that car is based off of to keep from retooling.
They should just call it the Chrysler "Chick Car", and leave the Demon name for something more deserving of the name.

Damn Germans can't get it right.

ok i do agree it is not rigth to use the demon name..
it's not necessarily a chick car..

man..everytime this topic is broughht up..the posts start rackin up...lol

dartcuda said:
It seems they are useing old nameplate to attract sells. Which to me isn't the wqyt o go if they are not going ot make it look like it did. It just seem all that are coming out have about the same grill. And it isn't even American looking. They all look like their German junk.

dude..german stuff ain't junk..it ain't no american muscle..but if i dind't own american muscle..i would go and get another bimmer...i loved my BMW 528i...nice ride..

Hell I may put my grandchild in one. the price douse sound good!!!

There is a nice artical about it in the latest Motor Trend. Back in the 60s there were cheap sports cars to be had for the poor folk, and they said this car reminds them of those times. Go little cheap sports car for the working man. Again i agree they need to come with a better name, and sure the "cross air" grille is getting old, but other then that this is kinda the Dodge copperhead we never got.

-
Back