hayden 2765 fan clutch and fan options

-

plymouth73

Reaction score
1973 Plymouth scamp 318

I am planning on using a hayden 2765 fan clutch and was wondering what my fan options are ? I found plenty of threads about hayden 2765 but nothing on what fans to use with them I would like to use something lite like aluminum but not plastic. I am using 22" champion radiator.

I use that fan clutch, but sorry I stuck with the factory 7 blade steel fan. Im curious as to what others will say also.

Check my posts from ~6 months ago for PN's. I have a new clutch fan I was going to sell to a nearby guy, but found it was labelled "for 6 cyl only". However, many GM guys post using it on V-8's anyway, with no issue. You can buy on rockauto for ~$20. Too bad you didn't ask a week ago. I have 1 or 2 true V-8 fans I'm not using (no room) and passed thru Modesto last week.

I use the Mopar performance fan on mine

The blades are aluminum on those. Many mopar 5 and more fan blades have aluminum blades.

Are you sure they are aluminum? I'll have check mine tomorrow.

I had that jag fan on my 383 roadrunner, it works but it doesn't spin as fast, it's made for a small dia 8 or 10 blade plastic fan.

Are you sure they are aluminum? I'll have check mine tomorrow.

Yep. just went in garage to check. Magnet doesn't stick to blades.

And... I had to cut 1" off it so it wouldn't hit my Champion upper radiator inlet. I'm pretty sure Champion had fixed that now. Later I had my inlet moved outward....I guess my MP fan even takes less HP now. But I wouldn't do that again. #-o

-
Back