HDK Tubular Coil Over for Stock Steering

-
......................... Pictures of mock-up for display at The Nationals

Nats%20display%204_zpswwnmxvmp.jpg
Nats%20display%201_zpsfczfzt5p.jpg

Nats%20display%202_zpsxpkt4mtb.jpg

pretty much done except the new rear brace bracket.....should be done by the time we get back from the Nats.

i would like to see air ride used on an abody, id love to buy a kit when they are ready, i checked your site denny and the price was 0.00.are they gonna be free?

Wade,

I guess i had better have the web master change that to....T.B.A.

Air Ride can be done....just takes moving the frame rail inward. Notice how tight the 3" od coilover fits?....and that is taking every liberty I can

I should be picking up the new support brackets tomorrow.....just need verification they are to spec.

Then pictures , description and prices will go on the HDK website. ....www.moparsuspension.com

Intial pricing will be $695 .... without UCA's (additional $295)
Does not include coil overs

Basic package....

Upper shock mount
Chomoly upper shock mount support
Adjustable UCA bump stop
Chromoly LCA
Ride height simulators
LCA detachable (100% bolt on) rear brace

So, it sounds like everything in the picture of the Nats display, minus coilovers? Are LCA's with tabs for factory 73-76 sway bars available? :cheers:

So, it sounds like everything in the picture of the Nats display, minus coilovers? Are LCA's with tabs for factory 73-76 sway bars available? :cheers:

yes, I already have the tabs fabricated....but I need a set of factory LCA w/ tabs to jig up to get the location / angle correct.

I will return them unharmed.

I've got some, but it will be early next week before I can clean them up and ship them to you. Leaving in the morning going to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. Just let me know. O:)

Quick update....picked up new rear support brackets and they were bent incorrectly (cad guy error). Corrected and being remade today for Monday pick up.

Off to Woodward Ave (Chrysler Display) for the weekend.

Wow. Glad the train wreck got back on track. I must admit, IMO there's a LOT the stock Mopar suspension can do, but if you have the money and want to do much more, Denny's products are at the top of the pile.

It doesn't take a lot of investigating to see all the hard work that goes into his products. I just have one question.

If "what's his face" thinks Denny "stole" his design, was it copyrighted? No. Know why? Because it was already being made by everybody else. Business is business. If you invent something, patent and copyright it for protection. Otherwise it's fair game.

Nuff said, over and out.

Heading to the laser cutter in the AM (Tuesday)

You are at the top of the list (with a couple of others).

Denny....if you need me to send those 73-76 LCA's with sway bar tabs, let me know. I will throw em in the sand blast cabinet and clean them beforehand. I'm pretty sure I have some new rubber bushings I can send if you will press them in. That way, everything should be good and straight.

Small communication error....maybe THIRD try a charm......only off 3/16", but it matters.

they say ready by end of week.

I did get a weight

factory LCA
shock (Monroe)
torsion bar (891L)..................23.3 lbs per side

HDK LCA assembly
Upper shock mount
Support hoop
LCA rear support bracket
coil over assembly (Alden Eagle)
attaching hardware.................19.2 lbs per side

That's 4.1 per side x 2 sides = 8.2 lbs ......and does not include any weight savings from (required) tubular UCAs

Small communication error....maybe THIRD try a charm......only off 3/16", but it matters.

they say ready by end of week.

I did get a weight

factory LCA
shock (Monroe)
torsion bar (891L)..................23.3 lbs per side

HDK LCA assembly
Upper shock mount
Support hoop
LCA rear support bracket
coil over assembly (Alden Eagle)
attaching hardware.................19.2 lbs per side

That's 4.1 per side x 2 sides = 8.2 lbs ......and does not include any weight savings from (required) tubular UCAs

8 lbs...thats a pretty good savings all things considered. probably looking at 10 to 12 lbs, with the uppers Adds up quick :burnout:

Wow. Glad the train wreck got back on track. I must admit, IMO there's a LOT the stock Mopar suspension can do, but if you have the money and want to do much more, Denny's products are at the top of the pile.

It doesn't take a lot of investigating to see all the hard work that goes into his products. I just have one question.

If "what's his face" thinks Denny "stole" his design, was it copyrighted? No. Know why? Because it was already being made by everybody else. Business is business. If you invent something, patent and copyright it for protection. Otherwise it's fair game.

Nuff said, over and out.

:thumblef:

That overall weight reduction is nice to know. BTW, I don't need sway bar tabs for the set for the Demon. Only the Chromoly LCA and the LCA detachable (100% bolt on) rear brace. Can't weight, er I mean wait.

Wish I could see the pics OMM put up. Blocked at work.

-
Back