HDK Tubular Coil Over for Stock Steering

-
Although his fabrication skills are excellent....they've been out for DECADES......He certainly isn't the first one to build a single round tube lower control arm.

I got my inspiration from UB Machine....20 years ago (I'm still a customer)
http://ubmachine.com/lowerround.html

Do a little research.....check out Bob's Pro Fab, been building and selling them for years. .....someone even pointed that out to JR in one of the early posts in his thread.

Funny How you go into junior636 Build thread make two comments but never mention that you have made the samething 20 years ago but never post a picture to show him and when he gets feedback on selling them you all of the sudden come out with a set that looks like they are straight from his shop then make it out like he stole the idea from you or Bob. Chump move for sure Oh and inviting him to your shop is not telling someone that you already made what he is doing.

Funny How you go into junior636 Build thread make two comments but never mention that you have made the samething 20 years ago but never post a picture to show him and when he gets feedback on selling them you all of the sudden come out with a set that looks like they are straight from his shop then make it out like he stole the idea from you or Bob. Chump move for sure Oh and inviting him to your shop is not telling someone that you already made what he is doing.

^^Join the site, make 1 post and call someone a chump? Wow!
We all do realize, "anything we think of has been thought of before" don't we?

There is nothing JR636 or Denny has made that hasn't been made before/ will be made again by any number of people. Everyone has the right to produce a product/ better product/ worse product and market it if they so choose. By JR636's way of thinking there should only be one type of product and brand IE only one brand of cell phone, car, microwave, hammer and so on. Just because Eastwing made a hammer doesn't mean I don't have several choices of the same looking same functioning product to own and use as I see fit. I guess what I'm getting at is , just because you have an idea doesn't mean no one else is allowed to have the same idea or produce a similar product be it better or worse. Innovation is what powers the world and if it eats at you that bad that someone had the same idea then make a better product and rise to the top. I wish JR636 and Denny and anyone else for that matter the best of luck and wish I had the skills of either;)

My money will go to Jr. I've read enough to call bullshit. Having been on the receiving end of this kind of douchebaggary, I'll back the man I know made this stuff first.

If I wasn't doing my own **** (that looks 100% different than anything out there) Junior would have my business. No matter how long anyone wants to claim they've been doing something if they aren't the first to say "look, here it is" then it's all just bullshit. The problem with this is going to be that junior is a guy in his garage and HDK is a business playing in his own back yard with trams he picked.

Jr you probably won't win the majority here but take pride in what you've done....someone else has.

From my standpoint.....I'm gonna keep moving forward to complete this package for those that I have been working with.

It still needs tested (and will be by those above)

And IF I make them available....priced. That is another thing I ask the testers to help me with......I want it to be a good value.

Some of these recent comments make me grin.....bustin' my balls because ONE piece of the package looks like others on the market.....but nothing about how theirs look like the ones that have been there for years....really????

:)

Are you able to keep the factory spindles and brakes with this set up, or do you need to use the Mustang stuff? Since it will be used with a stock k frame, will you be able to add a sway bar tab for either the early and late factory sway bars?

The REASON I started developing this as a package (last year) is because of the requests from builders that wanted to maintain their factory spindles and upgraded brakes......and work with my already developed upper shock mount, support hoops, and ride height simulators

yes...on the anti-sway bar tabs

NO Mustang components. It is built to accept factory spindles, brakes, steering linkage, etc....and most aftermarket tubular UCA.

What do the rear LCA support brackets look like installed??? Do you have any installed pics?

yeah....but I do not want it copied

:)....relax, I'm just kiddin'. I will try to have him post it later.....after this, he might be on strike.

what a distraction (from building stuff)....I e-mailed one of the guys I was building the package for a picture of the progress (he had requested an update).... and copied my brother (just to show him what's up) ....I guess I should have included a "for your eyes only" comment.

next thing I know he tells me he posted it......whoaaaa!

He who crosses the finish line first wins.

He who spends more time building and less time boasting/bitching won't be overtaken.

If one is butt-hurt why not seek revenge by improving on what hurt your butt in the first place. I'm sure the one whom hurt you would appreciate some competition to keep him on his game.

I see no foul so..................game on.:cheers:

I applaud your efforts to build a better mouse trap at an affordable price for fellow members! That speaks volumes about your character to help out others that don't have boat loads of money! Thank you and to others like you for all of your contribution's to this site! This site wouldn't worth a darn without you all! Keep up what your doing it means more than some here are willing to admit to have all your knowledge here at our disposal! Again Thank you sir!

thanks guys.....

for anyone wanting JR's control arms....A-OK with me. Heck, I even wished they (and Bobs) would work with my new package, but his (and others) appear designed to have an adjustable solid mount strut on the K.....not what I want for my PACKAGE.

I want the strut to function as designed by the factory with as limited as possible movement at the LCA attaching point on the K. I want ONLY up / down movement. I discussed this on JR's thread.

If someone thinks the LCA is a copy BECAUSE it is a piece of similar bent tubular chromoly (I think his is DOM).....so be it. Ever wonder why the LCA's (Bob's, Jr's, any others out there) look similar?... there is no other way keep the factory ball joint angle but to follow the curve of the factory LCA..... It is not the invention of the light bulb.

If I wasn't doing my own **** (that looks 100% different than anything out there) Junior would have my business. No matter how long anyone wants to claim they've been doing something if they aren't the first to say "look, here it is" then it's all just bullshit. The problem with this is going to be that junior is a guy in his garage and HDK is a business playing in his own back yard with trams he picked.

Jr you probably won't win the majority here but take pride in what you've done....someone else has.

I LOVE that you do your own ****....not everyone can or wants to.

I'm just a hot rodder like everyone else, and if you saw what I do out of where I do it with what equipment I have....you would probably laugh. Some spend their time making excuses why they can't do it....I spend my time trying to figure out how to get it done.

BTW...it ain't no "claim".....just fact..... put that in your B.S. file.

If it's fact that you were first isn't it odd that you are the last to show it?

Look at that from a 100% neutral standpoint

If it's fact that you were first isn't it odd that you are the last to show it?

Look at that from a 100% neutral standpoint

show what?

you find it odd?.... I have shared almost EVERYTHING I have worked on in the last 10 years ( I joined May of 2006)....sorry, I didn't go back 20. IF you read the whole 2 pages you would have come across a couple of builders that chimed in regarding their involvemet in the development / idea sharing before Jr even started his thread. I also stated in JR's thread that I had the final version of the rear support brackets at the laser cutter.

Check out the Hemi Duster (post 14) in this thread from 2006. It has my first from scratch K-frame in it. The LCA's are made from 1-1/4 od round chromoly with 1-1/2" od poly bushings. Sorry I did not post pictures of it in when I built it....I did not even own a computer back then.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=10987

It is just a friggin bent piece of tubing...is it the bend that has you so upset?....is he the FIRST to bend a piece of tubing?

He (Jr.) DID NOT invent it. if anyone should be sniveling....IMO...it would be Bob. Most of us that build stuff do so by simply trying to improve or adapt to our needs. Being a builder yourself, I'm sure you realize that.

Why do you NOT bust JR's balls for copying Bob....or any other chassis mfg. that builds a single tube LCA??????.

well I guess we should bash anyone who makes something new for our cars.
after all they are just copying the factory....... every bodies stuff is copied at one point or another, not always for the best. Fairly sure RMS had their alterK copied, there are several other K frame & control arm options out there. I personally would have no problem buying from Denny on more then one occasion he has helped me out answered questions I have had. how much have I purchased from him Zero! but he still help out here. No reason JR cant bring his stuff to the table. more options is always a good thing.
whether or not Denny "stole" JR's design ??? who knows, I don't see Denny as the kind of guy who would lie about having tried a similar design in the past.
to me this looks like a great way to get some added room for headers in my 66 valiant.
and still use all the goodies I already bought, Tubular uppers, adjustable strut rods, 11.75 factory brakes. Oh yeah those are RMS parts ......

IMO there is pull and push on the strut rod simply because of suspension travel and the arc the strut rod has to travel. That is why I favor the rubber factory front bushings on a street car.

Currently at the laser cutter is a (bolt in version) similar rear brace for the LCA that will be offered along with the upper shock mount and chromoly support hoops.

Junior is doing a great job showing where there is a will....there is a way. And, with a little thought, hot-rodders with the right skills can build it themselves.

Mopar to ya' Junior

this was copied right from post #108 on JR's build where Denny dropped a teaser that he had something in the works.

good catch vitamindart....you were paying attention.

show what?

you find it odd?.... I have shared almost EVERYTHING I have worked on in the last 10 years ( I joined May of 2006)....sorry, I didn't go back 20. IF you read the whole 2 pages you would have come across a couple of builders that chimed in regarding their involvemet in the development / idea sharing before Jr even started his thread. I also stated in JR's thread that I had the final version of the rear support brackets at the laser cutter.

Check out the Hemi Duster (post 14) in this thread from 2006. It has my first from scratch K-frame in it. The LCA's are made from 1-1/4 od round chromoly with 1-1/2" od poly bushings. Sorry I did not post pictures of it in when I built it....I did not even own a computer back then.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=10987

It is just a friggin bent piece of tubing...is it the bend that has you so upset?....is he the FIRST to bend a piece of tubing?

He (Jr.) DID NOT invent it. if anyone should be sniveling....IMO...it would be Bob. Most of us that build stuff do so by simply trying to improve or adapt to our needs. Being a builder yourself, I'm sure you realize that.

Why do you NOT bust JR's balls for copying Bob....or any other chassis mfg. that builds a single tube LCA??????.

I did not see Jr in Bob's threads saying nice job, keeping an eye on this, and other things. It looks bad the way it went down but I don't care, I'm not a potential buyer of either. I don't like square tubing and I'm not interested in working around a stock K on my cars.

If this were no big deal to you I don't think you'd be throwing chapter book posts out after one liners.

^^Join the site, make 1 post and call someone a chump? Wow!
We all do realize, "anything we think of has been thought of before" don't we?

I didn't just join the site I have been on Bbodies and view this site often, But it doesn't take a Rocket scientist to call a spade a spade Hemi Denny claims he has been building these for 20 years yet he never mentioned that once in Jr Build thread and how is it that if he has been building these that long he doesn't have a single picture of them installed. If you want to hang on his every word and believe him go right ahead But the proof is in the pictures and detail that has been in one persons build thread.

-
Back