HE HAS RISEN!

-
1681034275611.jpeg

What was it S M Lockridge said?

Herod couldn't kill Him, Death couldn't handle Him and the grave couldn't hold Him!

Easter is the fulfilled prophecy of the Messiah who would be persecuted, die for our sins, and rise on the third day (Isaiah 53). Let's never forget. Happy Easter, thanks be to God.

Last edited:
Happy Easter everyone! Hope y’all all have a blessed day!

View attachment 1716075628
You know, it is my personal conviction Jesus was actually crucified on a Wednesday

It is the only way He could have been in the tomb for three days, as prophesied AND the tomb be empty as said in Matthew 28:1

In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

What our English translation fails to note is that the word "sabbath" in the Greek is in the plural

We all know the Bible has weekly Sabbaths (what we call Saturday) but what most people don't know, is that there are also days that are called "high sabbath", days that are a holy day by virtue of the date, regardless of where it falls in the week

The passover feast was the be celebrated on the 14th of Nissan, regardless of the day of the week, and what does John 19:31 say?

The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

Most people think Jesus died on a Friday, because this verse says the next day was a sabbath, but a careful reading shows us it couldn't have been a Friday, because the next day was a high sabbath (the passover)

This is why Matthew uses the plural for sabbath, the high sabbath (Thursday) and the regular sabbath (Saturday)

You know, it is my personal conviction Jesus was actually crucified on a Wednesday

It is the only way He could have been in the tomb for three days, as prophesied AND the tomb be empty as said in Matthew 28:1

In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

What our English translation fails to note is that the word "sabbath" in the Greek is in the plural

We all know the Bible has weekly Sabbaths (what we call Saturday) but what most people don't know, is that there are also days that are called "high sabbath", days that are a holy day by virtue of the date, regardless of where it falls in the week

The passover feast was the be celebrated on the 14th of Nissan, regardless of the day of the week, and what does John 19:31 say?

The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

Most people think Jesus died on a Friday, because this verse says the next day was a sabbath, but a careful reading shows us it couldn't have been a Friday, because the next day was a high sabbath (the passover)

This is why Matthew uses the plural for sabbath, the high sabbath (Thursday) and the regular sabbath (Saturday)
I hear what you are saying. I have heard that same argument/discussion before. It comes down to linguistic and biblical "experts" arguing over the grammar and definitions of a word or two written 2,000 years ago. It's kind of like the argument/discussion over whether Christmas (Christ's birth) could really have been in December. I look at it like this. I don't worry about the 'which date' arguments/discussions, I just focus on the reason for the holiday and celebrate that.

If Jesus was crucified on Wednesday then the Last Supper would be on Tuesday. Maundy Tuesday instead of Maundy Thursday.

-
Back