He just runs right over old farm tractor

-
I didn't see anyone on the Tractor . I wouldn't click on any of those other links...Virus.
Don't rewatch the video if you don't want to see it, then.

1714753768105.png

Farmer Bob just found out why it's illegal to ride Mopeds and horses on the Interstate. Sorry to say it, but that's Darwin.

Don't rewatch the video if you don't want to see it, then.

View attachment 1716244987

Farmer Bob just found out why it's illegal to ride Mopeds and horses on the Interstate. Sorry to say it, but that's Darwin.
Well, that's not an interstate. Farmers use the two lane roads to get to their fields, don't know how else they'd be able to access them if they didn't.

Very tragic for the man on the tractor.

He was completely legal too with his slow vehicle sign. Hoping somehow he came out ok.

Well, that's not an interstate. Farmers use the two lane roads to get to their fields, don't know how else they'd be able to access them if they didn't.

I might be mistaken "again" but I don't see the Trucker making any attempt to avoid hitting him.

Watched it in slow mo. Not pretty. The farmer's hat goes up over the hood of the truck, the tractor turns sideways. The hood of the truck hits the tractor's exhaust pipe, knocking it off. It skids to left of the truck.
The tractor gets turned to the right, and barrell rolls into a shower of sparks.

Hope deceased farmer's family will be multi multi millionaires, apparently some folks don't know what it's like to live in rural America. There was every opportunity to avoid that, no attempt to slow, no attempt to avoid,......wtf.....

He was completely legal too with his slow vehicle sign. Hoping somehow he came out ok.

He was on a divided highway going, at best, 25mph. Trucker was in the wrong, but tractor man is the one that lost.

Just because it's legal doesn't make it wise.

The dumb *** truck driver was going to kill someone sooner or later. (head up ***)

Tractor driver in this case was asking for it. (probably done this for 30 years)

He is on a divided four lane Highway probably running 15 mph in a 75.

Two dumbs does not equal a right.

Just saying.

Oh and the truck driver is definitely at fault.

He was on a divided highway going, at best, 25mph. Trucker was in the wrong, but tractor man is the one that lost.

What were his options? Fly the tractor in with a helicopter? Don't be ridiculous. There are rural areas all over the country and people drive tractors everywhere to get them there. We see them out here all the time. I DROVE my 49 Ford 8N 6 miles to a tractor show years ago. Took 45 minutes. Admittly, Kitty followed me in her car, but nonetheless, I had my slow vehicle sign on the back in FULL view. I called and asked our local Sheriff's department before I did it, but I already knew the answer. They said "Yes sir, as long as you have your sign posted on the rear of your tractor, you're fine" Wise? You tell me what his options were. Tow it? 100 bucks for what? a couple miles? Yeah, screw that. Trucker was 100% at fault. Any law enforcement officer in any rural county would tell you the guy driving the tractor had every right of way given him by the law. Not to mention he was hit from behind. The only time I know of that's not the fault of the vehicle in the back is when the front vehicle is backing up. Otherwise, it's always 100% the fault of the person in the back. It's just wrong headed to think the guy driving the tractor was any way whatsoever in the wrong.

Hope deceased farmer's family will be multi multi millionaires, apparently some folks don't know what it's like to live in rural America. There was every opportunity to avoid that, no attempt to slow, no attempt to avoid,......wtf.....
Exacty. Yet those same people sit down and eat their meals everyday. Maybe they're like AOC and thing everything comes from the Kroger store.

I will admit I didn't notice the other lanes to the left, I was watching the tractor. Bad eyes and I never enlarged the video on my phone, either.

Farmer was definitely in the wrong, shouldn't have been on the highway.

It does appear to be a 4 lane divided highway, but that doesn't change the fact that the truck driver was clearly not paying attention to the surroundings.
When I took the training for my CDL it was constantly drilled into my head to always be aware of everything around me and to watch the road as far ahead as I can see. I have been a commercial driver for almost 35 years now and I see every single day how the standards have continually been lowered. I see farm vehicles on 4 lane divided highways here nearly every day from late March until late October.
There is NO EXCUSE for that collision to have happened, none!

-
Back