Head gasket problims

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Just about to install my Fel-pro head gaskets.Never notice this befor maybe its the way it is to be.What has me freek out,I lay the gasket down and the rear of the block were there is a water pasage there is a hole so it will flow coolant also a big hole in the gasket, but at the front of the block were there is a hole for water to flow my gasket has no hole so it is block off.Is this right,sorry no pics my camara is broke.

You're OK. They are supposed to be that way. The small holes cause a restriction to slow the flow down so the coolant can absorb heat.

I did a head swap on a 340 when I was a kid and lost sleep re those holes( or lack of). It's alright Snake you are good to go brother.

Well went ahead and fit them I kind of thought so .Thanks,sure had me bumb out LOl.One thing the builder from hell did not do was put some molly lube on my camshaft loabs? the cam is all read in so what can i do spin it ouver by hand and put some camshaft lube on each on,and how the hell do I get some lube on #1 exhaust and intake lobe looks hidden.ant thoughts.

If the timing cover is on, you can goop up the cam through the drain holes in the valley. Put extra lube on the bottom of the lifters you can't get to.

Ya this sucks I domnt know what he was thinking,maybe knew it would be mounths untill the top end would be finish.

Well went ahead and fit them I kind of thought so .Thanks,sure had me bumb out LOl.One thing the builder from hell did not do was put some molly lube on my camshaft loabs? the cam is all read in so what can i do spin it ouver by hand and put some camshaft lube on each on,and how the hell do I get some lube on #1 exhaust and intake lobe looks hidden.ant thoughts.

Pull the lifters out and give the cam lobes a squirt.

Yeah, if you`ve got a small brush you can load it up with moly lube and slather away. As toolmanmike said, coat the lifter bases too before you drop them in.

Ok great advice thatssss what makes this site to good.Wont get to it untill Monday,working today installing carpet for a cliant going to be hung over Sunday.

-
Back