Head light issue

-

easyrider

65 droptop
Reaction score
Head lights blink off and then back on after several minutes. Not as often on the dim position. Whats up with this?

Tom

Check the condition of the headlight switch connector for corrosion, looseness, or heat damage

Do you have heavier wattage headlights than factory?

The light switch has a built in breaker. Sometimes they simply get weak and trip early

Check the wiring connector at the headlight switch. One of the wires is probably getting loose and heating up and loosing connection. Check your connector for melting and make sure that all of the wires are all the way in and not getting pushed out.

I've had more than one a-body that had the "melted headlight connector" syndrome.

Make sure that all the wires are pushed in all the way and making proper connection.

My Sport did this. New headlight switch, problem solved. Should be available about anywhere. Got mine at O'Rielly's.

Thanks Guys, this gives me somewhere to start looking. I'm planning on up-grading the light circuit with relays so i can take this load off of the switch. I'll let you know what i find.

Tom

Circuit breaker is built into the headlight switch and is self resetting most likely the headlight switch but also check for voltage drop thru the dimmer switch.

Brian

-
Back