Head Liner replacement

-

Vali68

Reaction score
How hard is it to replace the headliner in a 68 Valiant? I have the support rods. Just not sure if I should try and tackle it.

Attachments

• headliner.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 249
You'll need to take the front and rear windows out to do it right. It's kind of a PITA and hard to get it tight unless you know what you're doing. I did my 67 notchback Barracuda and it came out only OK. I should have farmed it out!

It's fairly intense labor for some. If you don't have neck, knee, back, other, issues, you may have by the time you're done.

How hard is it to replace the headliner in a 68 Valiant? I have the support rods. Just not sure if I should try and tackle it.

If you do it yourself I recommend buy the headliner from Legendary interiors. I bought a made in "usa" headliner for $65 on line and spent way too much time installing it. Only to take it back out and then buy one from legendary. It fit 10x better and went a lot smoother. It was also nearly 3x the price. If you can get someone to do for 2 or 3 hundred dollars then have them do it. Just my opinion. I have done 3 of them and they are a pita!

First I bought ( from PUI ) was wrong too. Year One was able to get another here in 48 hours that was perfect fit and about the same price.
Replacement from PUI arrived 12 days later.

-
Back