Head-off-engine valve spring compressors

-
I have the kd. Works fine on stock engines (used it on 305 and 454 chevy, IH 345, and 318 heads). Adequate for my uses. Might be a bit flimsy under strong valve spring loads. For a one time use I'd say try it. More than that, I'd try a stronger tool.

I have two similar to the KD that are OLD. Probably 50 or so years old. They work very well, but slow.

I had a nice pneumatic one years ago, but someone liked it better than I did and stole it.

I have the Proform one! It will handle almost anything! I have a pneumatic one that I love! I don't know what brand it is tho! I've had it for a long time! Just my couple of Penny's!

I have used the proform tool on duel springs with no issues. I actually talked the local Auto Zone into buying one and then I was able to barrow it at no cost.

this one.......

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 149
Yes! That's the old girl! I probably should just took a pic! I'm getting used to this internet stuff!

I have the KD 380 and it has done more stockish valve springs and moderate solid lifter springs than I can remember. It works well. But, once you get into roller cam pressures it is inadequate. If you plan on doing some stout springs look for something stronger.

my suggestion is by the preform. it will remove any springs. you just might want to upgrade to a roller cam and kit some day and you won't have to stop and buy a better spring compressor. I have the kd one, the air one and still had to buy a large c-clamp one from rbssuperchargers to compress the roller valve springs, this one will remove any spring no matter how much pressure there is.

KD is decent, until 350-375 open pressure.. Like the Moroso/Proform style,from there up.

-
Back