Head Trip

-
IMO, the 240 would do.
Speak with member AndyF.

OOh I see, thank you. You know what I was thinking of doing, is to build a High School Drag Car. I am a football Coach in my home town and I see so many kid coming from single homes with no Dads, and the schools have killed the Industrial Arts programs, so there is no Shop class anymore . I was thinking of getting ten or so kids and dedicating a spot in my shop and build a little dart for the small block. And may be just may be I could get a few of them to fall in love with muscle cars like all of us, you know kind of paying it forward. Without Muscle Cars and the Army I don't know where I would be today. IDK but I have a lot of the parts and maybe it might work, I was putting a list together to see if it was possible, I have to look in my barn but I think I have a 77 Aspen R/T 4 speed with no rust. Maybe a little 6 pt cage, 2900 to 3200 lb, and make it like a 12 or 11 second car, could be fun.

That would be a fantastic idea...keepin’ the love alive.

OOh I see, thank you. You know what I was thinking of doing, is to build a High School Drag Car. I am a football Coach in my home town and I see so many kid coming from single homes with no Dads, and the schools have killed the Industrial Arts programs, so there is no Shop class anymore . I was thinking of getting ten or so kids and dedicating a spot in my shop and build a little dart for the small block. And may be just may be I could get a few of them to fall in love with muscle cars like all of us, you know kind of paying it forward. Without Muscle Cars and the Army I don't know where I would be today. IDK but I have a lot of the parts and maybe it might work, I was putting a list together to see if it was possible, I have to look in my barn but I think I have a 77 Aspen R/T 4 speed with no rust. Maybe a little 6 pt cage, 2900 to 3200 lb, and make it like a 12 or 11 second car, could be fun.
Just an opinion, if you do such, start with a 14 second car and work downwards. Slower is safer for the kids. (If there driving.)
Then look into insurance and permission slips from the parents noting what is being done.

Even if there not driving, a stock car engine combo can or should run 14’s. Show them what a few parts swaps can do and work down to the 12 or 11.

Thanks rumblefish360 good advice yes agree that 13 and 14 seconds is like building a stout bottom end, good heads and intake then shake well. Leaves a lot of teaching to do when we upgrade

nice
from post 1
Heat treated block???
what McCandles mods?
are those roller rockers, what ratio? do you
keep up the good work

-
Back