Header clearance

-

MoparMagic1992

Reaction score
Hey guys, Quick question.

Im in the process of purchasing some 3-into-1 headers for my '72 Dart with Power brakes from a guy on the site here.

Ive read around on the internet of some people having clearance problems with the Power Brake booster, is there any truth to this?

Heres a link to the ad, has a few pictures in it: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=208978

Thank you in advance for your help

-John

Are you getting Hooker Super Comps or another brand. The guy who sold me my super comps said the number six tube will hit the booster. I dont have power brakes so I do not know? That is what I was told of that helps. Someone will chime in with a solution to your problem I am sure. This site is great for info!!
Chas.

I have a power booster on my 65 Dart w/ V-8. My booster just barely clears the Weind valve cover, but that should be higher than the #6 pipe shown. I expect the problem is that the #6 pipe might hit the stand-off bracket, since it runs close to the firewall. If so, perhaps you could file the bracket to clear. However, if it gets into the lever assembly, that wouldn't work. Try to compare your firewall to the photo to judge. BTW, what are the 2 hose clamps doing on that #6 pipe? Looks strange.

-
Back