Header selection budget

-

MoparMark91

Reaction score
Hey guys i know there is a lot of threads on this but wanted to get the latest opinions and advice. So i am getting everything ready to drop the mew engine in my 71 dart but have not picked out headers yet. I know dougs and tti are the best but they are kind if out of my price range since the rest of engine drained the budget lol. So what would be the next best pick? I also have power steering. Thank yoi guys in advamce for your help

I wish i could go with dougs but just too damn expensive
I've installed lots of cheapies, and I got them all to work. I went with Dougs (black) the last time, and wow the fitment was amazing.

I wish i could go with dougs but just too damn expensive
also you're not going to get any thicker flanges or anything like that with Doug's headers just supposedly a little better fitment.. and that's According to some only.
As opposed to the ones that 318 mentioned these are $100 less and the same exact quality...
Summit Racing® Headers SUM-G9040

Don't worry about fitting it whatsoever just put them in first and drop the motor on to them...

I usually set them in there and just tie them up to the front shock sticking out..

also you're not going to get any thicker flanges or anything like that with Doug's headers just supposedly a little better fitment.. and that's According to some only.
As opposed to the ones that 318 mentioned these are $100 less and the same exact quality...
Summit Racing® Headers SUM-G9040
The dougs do get thicker flanges and better quality plus fitment.

The dougs have bigger flanges and fit better according to some only...
I couldn't care less what others say. I have first hand experience with multiple hedmans, cyclones, or whatever, and Dougs.

please re-read the title slowly and say it to yourself many times...
How about you re-read post 1-10. Read post 2 and post 5 again, I covered the title. Now read what the OP stated in post 8. He brought up Dougs, and I just responded in post 9 as you did in post 10. Don't be a wood head.

Now finding out there would be absolutely no performance gain with Doug's headers over cheap Summit headers I wouldn't even look at them. If I had money coming out of my ears I would get the tti's...

Now finding out there would be absolutely no performance gain with Doug's headers over cheap Summit headers I wouldn't even look at them. If I had money coming out of my ears I would get the tti's...
Cool, but this helps the op how? IF he can't afford Dougs, TTI's are out of the question! :poke:

It helps him find out who the two idiots are that argue endlessly in circles...
Lol all we need is jada in the mix and we would be set lmao but yeah probably getting one of the 2 cheapie headers unless i can sell some heads and parts i have to come up with money for dougs, but please continue lol:popcorn:

Lol all we need is jada in the mix and we would be set lmao but yeah probably getting one of the 2 cheapie headers unless i can sell some heads and parts i have to come up with money for dougs, but please continue lol:popcorn:
If you'd like to read more, there are many threads..... LOL You'll do fine with the cheapies :)

I'm here. Go summit I say. Use a hammer to custom fit them if needed.

-
Back