Headers for 64 dart with power steering?

-

tbr3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone konw of any headers that will fit my 64 dart GT (89 360 motor), that will allow me to keep the power steering?

thanks!!

Tom

Ouch! I was afraid of that. Thats out of my budget range.. The only thing I can see that is reasonably priced is an 89 Durango manifold, and even that looks questionable.. Maybe I would be better off changing to manual steering?

Has anyone tried any other stock manifolds?

Thanks again guys

Hooker 5208's.. Have them on my 64 Dart.. Not as expensive,but not cheap... I have the factory early abody 273 manifolds if you are interested??

Bob

Bob,

Wow, those are expensive also! Will the original 273's bolt to a 360? I think they do. Did they come off a power steering car?

Thanks,

Tom

Ouch! I was afraid of that. Thats out of my budget range.. The only thing I can see that is reasonably priced is an 89 Durango manifold, and even that looks questionable.. Maybe I would be better off changing to manual steering?

Has anyone tried any other stock manifolds?

Thanks again guys

1993-1996 dodge dakota 318 manifolds will fit, as well as the newer 1996-2002 dakotas and durangos. most salvage yards will have them

They will fit a 360, but they are restrictive.. My car is a power steering car..

Bob

Bob,

Wow, those are expensive also! Will the original 273's bolt to a 360? I think they do. Did they come off a power steering car?

Thanks,

Tom

They will fit a 360, but they are restrictive.. My car is a power steering car..

Bob

you have to be very careful if you put a 273 manifold onto a 360. The 360 has emissions ports below the exhaust ports that the 273 manifold does not cover and you will be chasing major up front exhaust leaks, don't ask me how I know:eek:ops:

Thanks you guys, I can't go too restrictive on this motor, its looking like a swap to manual steering if I don't want to 2nd mortgage the house for correct headers!!

Thanks you guys, I can't go too restrictive on this motor, its looking like a swap to manual steering if I don't want to 2nd mortgage the house for correct headers!!

go with dakota R/T manifolds, they will fit and there not restrictive since there for a 360 magnum and a magnum can make a good HP rating at just above stock

Awesome, thanks, I had not thought of that!

Awesome, thanks, I had not thought of that!

if your like me you value the powersteering for parking, its not so bad once your moving but when your parking its not too fun:eek:ops: some don't mind it but mine was factory powersteering and I didnt want to change that

-
Back