Headers for a big block a body?

-
you'd better have seat and take a deep breath. are you ready? i have about $3000 in these, parts and labor, of which 75% is procrastination. i designed them to be ableto remove the top half of the pipes for engine or top half maintenance and leace the bottom in the hotrod.

bottom half left in the hotrod

older Pictures 256.jpg

you'd better have seat and take a deep breath. are you ready? i have about $3000 in these, parts and labor, of which 75% is procrastination. i designed them to be ableto remove the top half of the pipes for engine or top half maintenance and leace the bottom in the hotrod.

WOW what are you paying yourself an hour:-D

Yup it looks like a lot of time and thinking have gone into making those beauties, nice job!

Roger

bOb, those are crazy...I like! I would almost suggest Hedman Hussler's full "Angel Wing" fenderwell design, but you dont have the fenderwell room! That is an excellent point on making them so the top half can be removed. Makes perfect sense especially in a small block where the head bolt ends up under the 3/5 tubes. I have Pro-Parts on my '65 A 451. slight mods, but nothing like that.

I have a set of tti big tube headers on my 383 that I got from another cuda owner. I think they must be the RB headers because I had to beat the crap out of one of the tubes that go around the mini starter just to get a 1/8" clearance. No way an original starter would fit. I also had to 'clearance' them at the pitman arm / center link area. If the motor was taller, ie an RB, I think mine would fit nice. Passenger side fit like a glove. Now I have a set of coated / expensive headers that one of the driver side tubes is closed half way ! I will eventually cut the tube and move it over to make it right.

I heard none of these headers will fit BB 4 speeds.
Is this correct?

The tti's will accommodate 4 speeds, but capture the starter. The Schu's will not fit 4 speeds unless you modify the drivers side (heh,heh). The Schumacher will allow easy starter changes.
CollectorDR.jpg

I got a tti's on my 440 valiant, and if you put it in from the bottom the instalation is a success. Bout 800 bucks, but man do they fit and look beautiful!!:cheers:

-
Back