Headers question

-
I looked in to the stainless headers , they told me they don't make them to fit a W2 /Indy head bolt pattern and he wasn't sure if a 90 degree oil filter adapter is needed when using their header

nope, just standard head stuff

John is right, they are a pain in the butt to put together after having them coated, but I'd do it again. Mine fit great with the exception of the Milodon pan.

Sounds like you're building a nice engine, I'd go with a bigger carb though. :thumbsup:

IMG_0738.JPG

headers 012.JPG

headers 015.JPG

I have hedmans on mine. They will step them up to 2.125. I would give them a call if you don't want limited to 1.625 or 1.750
I also run the herdman's. They fit well into my 73 duster with a stock front suspension. One tube on each side goes through the inner fender but as long as you don't have a problem cutting the hole, tire clearance is not an issue. I did have to beat the one tube in to clear a 8qt milidon oil pan and the just a little to give more clearance around the oil filter. I ran them for 2 seasons with just paint on them but pulled them over the winter to have the ceramic coated. I'm very happy with them.
What size front tire and wheel are you guys running with these Headman headers? Backspace and width of front wheel if known as well please?

What size front tire and wheel are you guys running with these Headman headers? Backspace and width of front wheel if known as well please?
I think mine are 15 X 3 1/2" with a 1 3/4" BS, the tires are 26" tall M/T radials. On my Dart the tire will hit the fender before it even gets close to the header.

I usually detest fenderwall headers due to how hacked it makes things look.. but those are damn nice and a beautiful install
Thanks, as you can see I missed the hole on the passenger's side, didn't allow enough drop for the bend in the tube. I'll center up the next one. LOL

Thanks, as you can see I missed the hole on the passenger's side, didn't allow enough drop for the bend in the tube. I'll center up the next one. LOL
Nope, what i see there is access clearance to get the pipe through easily and a socket for the rear bolt :)

I advised him yesterday about the Milidon oil pan issue but like I told him that company is dead to me. If you can’t fix an issue after someone discusses the issue with you for a month and sends you 20 pictures you my friend are an idiot. Their pans now suck and are unusable as delivered.

I advised him yesterday about the Milidon oil pan issue but like I told him that company is dead to me. If you can’t fix an issue after someone discusses the issue with you for a month and sends you 20 pictures you my friend are an idiot. Their pans now suck and are unusable as delivered.
Ordered one of them fancy ones you recommended. Like I told you the other day John, I can’t afford to be your friend. That and my wife said I can’t play with you anymore! lol

Last edited:
Ordered one of them fancy ones you recommended. Like I told you the other day John, I can’t afford to be your friend. That and my wife said I can’t play with you anymore! lol

Which pan did you go with. They do offer some nice ones.

FULLY endorse checking for fit before having them coated.
I checked fit on my custom headers with my iron heads, good fit, sent em out.
Put the aluminum head engine in, tried to bolt up the headers, not even close to fitting. Raised exhaust port on the brodix heads (didn't even think). Adjusted as much as I dared with a big hammer, still not enough. I had to machine some 10° spacers to tuck the headers tighter to the engine. Just typical big tube header problems.

I cut the excess flange material off and welded the tabs on the collectors before mine were coated.

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

Tubular Automotive TDR8 1-7/8. All tubes exit chassis. No tubes go thru federwell

Probably don’t have them on the shelf.

They make sub flanges for J and W2 heads

-
Back