headers

-

mcat

Reaction score
has anyone tried any aftermarket headers that are designed for late models cars. i have my engine, now i am collecting parts . some of the shorty headers on ebay for under 200 bucks look promising? has anyone tried this?

Stay away. I install a set of 200.00 specials on a 05 Magnum R/T for a customer and some of the header tubes cracked away from the flange because they ground down the welds on the inside of the flange so much.After about 6 months we had to take them back off and TIG weld all the tubes back on the flange from the outside which you can't see but we still spent 6 hour removing them and welding them back together again and putting them back on. He spent more money then if he had just bought a good set and had them install once. Plus after so many to the tube cracked loose the exhaust leaks were loud and the car didn't run right because of false O2 sensor readings. Just my 2 cents on cheap headers

You might find some that work without T-bars. They were not designed to clear torsion bars and the majority of them are made to slither around a passenger side starter.

I bought a cheap set to modify to work. Changed every single tube. Not worth it IMO.

I'll sell you mine ;)

I'm considering making the move to TTI's. If someone wants my headers that fit with factory power steering.

-
Back