Headers?

-
So then if you run a B engine, you're screwed.

Thank you guys for the great info! I've been away from A bodys for about 18 years,been building B & E's,I to remember the direct connection book,and the black and white newspaper from koffel's place! lol. I'm on the east coast of Canada,shipping here for anything is just crazy,so I'm taking the buy it once attitude!

I have been running the Hedmans for years on my low block. I have pictures which show the typical dents if anyone wants to see them. There are a few. I just looked up the Mad Dogs for the low block, and they appear to go under the steering linkage so I think ground clearance would be an issue. If nothing else, the Hedmans have excellent ground clearance.

Attachments

• mad dog 400.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 215
And some cases with the low deck motor, the Hedmans just fit with no dents at all. But again, if people are bound and determined to spend a million dollars, you ain't gonna stop um.

The factory tolerances on these cars are far from precise and now add on 40 years of use and abuse and maybe a fender bender or 2 or 3 or 4 and you can see why TTI includes pre-measurements on their instructions.

The factory tolerances on these cars are far from precise and now add on 40 years of use and abuse and maybe a fender bender or 2 or 3 or 4 and you can see why TTI includes pre-measurements on their instructions.

I got no problems with TTI or any other high end header. They are nice for sure. They are simply something that I will very likely never buy. Simple as that.

Same as with everything else. Another great comparable example is with tire and wheel fitment. No two same model cars are the same. It's a ***** for sure.

Same as with everything else. Another great comparable example is with tire and wheel fitment. No two same model cars are the same. It's a ***** for sure.

That's mopars for you! I hate to say it but I never had this problem with my PONTIACS!

I would like them! Can you send me a pic? I'm in Canada.

Thanks,Sheldon.

hey man, I don`t remember if I sent u pics or not, if I didn`t I appoligize. I `ve been busier than a cat covering stuff! just got back around to reading some of the old posts--------maybe P M`s are the answer for us older farts -----bob

Chargin - What was the final out come; While this debate was going, I changed from the Tri-Y's to TTI 440-200. First, agree Tri-Ys sound funny un-corked, but they worked well for everything else such as starter changes, power steering, #6 plug was a PITA, but could do it, disadvantage, they left a lot of power on the table.

TTI's - Well, tight fit and a bit of work. I have some videos on here, please take a look. #6, I cut a hole. Power is very noticeable difference. They have 3.5 collectors, I went with the 3" TTI X pipes and Bullets - LOVE IT.

Good luck - I would link the videos and other threads, but I believe I have already done that too much in other threads - give you all a bit of a break.

-
Back