Headers?

-
"Real" Mopar guys were using the Hedman B body headers 20 years before TTI and Dougs came out.

Jes sayin.

yea,that didnt fit, unless you had a hammer and torch
Thanks guys. Happy I could help!

If I missed anything, or if I can help, let me know.

Michael - I checked the post in question and RAMM mentioned that "I did not have a provision to measure manifold vaccuum". Oh well...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=263442

Can someone link to these magical dougs A body B/RB headers?

yea,that didnt fit, unless you had a hammer and torch

That's just not true at all. Some applications need a small dent here and there and then some fit with no mods at all. It's all over on BigBlockDart.com. Lots of people have don it. Obviously you have not.

any real mopar guy already knows its tti or dougs,just saying

I guess my dad is a REAL OLD MOPAR guy, he was runnin b-body headers on his 383 dart in the early 70's. hedmans fit with minor dimples, I have them on my
383 67 fastback. believe me, we have made alot of things work on bigblock abodies over the years.

I guess my dad is a REAL OLD MOPAR guy, he was runnin b-body headers on his 383 dart in the early 70's. hedmans fit with minor dimples, I have them on my
383 67 fastback. believe me, we have made alot of things work on bigblock abodies over the years.

We're all just wannabe Mopar guys.

I would like them! Can you send me a pic? I'm in Canada.

Thanks,Sheldon.
will try to take some this evening (sun.):coffee2:, need a cell # or email address, never taken the time to learn how to post on here-------------bob

After doing research all over the web, Im ordering a set of schumacher's once the gov gives me my interest free loan back...

any real mopar guy already knows its tti or dougs,just saying
So us Oldtimers aint real Mopar guys now eh?If there was a registry for ignorant have no idea what they are talking about individuals,you would get the nomination...jus sayin..there are many,and I repeat many ways to do things and many different people have experimented and been sucessful in accomplishing this in so many ways you probably couldnt write it all down...who do you think pioneered and figured out all the technology thats available today with just a phone call and a credit card if not for the 'real Mopar guys'? And there is alot of 'real Mopar guys' on this site so be careful what comments you make,until you've spent years wrenching and improvising and experimenting and 'making' stuff work or transplanting a bblk into something else that's not quite set up for it and making it work and streetable or racetrack ready or your father or someone you hung around did and you seen it 1st hand,which is 'old school' then there is your 'real Mopar guys'...this just a defensive response to the offensive remark so dont take it personal...just because you buy a Mopar to fix up doesnt make you a 'Mopar guy'... just an owner..you learn and earn the badge of a "real Mopar guy'....can I get an Amen...bruthas and sisters..

So us Oldtimers aint real Mopar guys now eh?If there was a registry for ignorant have no idea what they are talking about individuals,you would get the nomination...jus sayin..there are many,and I repeat many ways to do things and many different people have experimented and been sucessful in accomplishing this in so many ways you probably couldnt write it all down...who do you think pioneered and figured out all the technology thats available today with just a phone call and a credit card if not for the 'real Mopar guys'? And there is alot of 'real Mopar guys' on this site so be careful what comments you make,until you've spent years wrenching and improvising and experimenting and 'making' stuff work or transplanting a bblk into something else that's not quite set up for it and making it work and streetable or racetrack ready or your father or someone you hung around did and you seen it 1st hand,which is 'old school' then there is your 'real Mopar guys'...this just a defensive response to the offensive remark so dont take it personal...just because you buy a Mopar to fix up doesnt make you a 'Mopar guy'... just an owner..you learn and earn the badge of a "real Mopar guy'....can I get an Amen...bruthas and sisters..

:cheers::prayer::prayer:

This whole big block A body header debate has got to be the most talked about topic for these cars. I mulled it over when building my car and I opted for the Schumacher tri-Ys for the ease of fit and I'm not willing to give up power steering. My honest opinion is that most people over estimate how much more power big long tube headers will make over smaller, easy to deal with small headers. Take a look at the "Talk me into fenderwell headers" thread and check out the reply's by Womanator. He has a street strip car with the little Schumy's on it and he tried at least two different motors. The hotter engine got it into the 10s with the dinky headers and he claims the small headers give up about .2 seconds in the quarter mile. That's less than a quarter of a second and much less hassels than all the big headers for these cars. Obviously if you spend big bucks on a stroker and all the parts to make big power then the penalty will get bigger but for a mild to moderate car, say mid 10s or slower the Schumy's fit the bill well. Just an opinion, it's your car, do what you want and enjoy it!

Also forgot to mention, I dislike fenderwell headers. I know you didn't say you're going with them but there's alot of debate about those on here also.

to get back on track. my 73 440 big block dart has the TTI 2 inch headers. I must of been very lucky because mine fit great and i didn't have to do any tube smashing to get them to fit. I also ran the same tti on my 440 powered 65 Plymouth. also there is another company that is so posed to make a nice set of under hood headers. But you don't really hear a lot about them. I know butch over on moparts has a set on his 440 powered 74 duster and he seems to like them. here is the link to them. mopar65

http://maddogheaders-us.webs.com/mopar

also there is another company that is so posed to make a nice set of under hood headers. But you don't really hear a lot about them. I know butch over on moparts has a set on his 440 powered 74 duster and he seems to like them. here is the link to them. mopar65

http://maddogheaders-us.webs.com/mopar

I looked at the site and this is news to me. Not sure when these became available.

Let the info flow if anyone has any

Mad dog is new to me also. I would have gave them a shot if I didn't already have
my fenderwells and tti's.
By the way I also remember the days when their was no computers or easily obtainable
information about our mopars. The direct connection bible was our best guide.
The rest we just modified till it worked. Built our own motor mounts with the buzz box and modified a old pair of b-body headers with a oxy/acetylene welding tip. C-body radiator, B-body axle & cut out the rear fenders for the widest bias plys you could get your hands on. It was a lot cheaper back then.
I think I had the only 440 dart in a 4 county area. Fun days for sure. I can still hear the neighbor screaming at my dad" put some mufflers on that boys car" like it was yesterday.

Mad Dog Headers Update

This guys has been making headers for 40 years. 20 of them making 440 A body headers and 15 years with the low deck

440 are 2" primaries with slip on collectors. The center 2 tubes are attached on both sides. They are very similar to tti's design. Price is 625 uncoated and he doesn't offer coating. They'll work with straight or angles plugs and are machined gasket surfaces.

The low deck is a totally different design from the TTI's and he says they can be installed easily in "20 min per side"

Attachments

• mad dog.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 242
Pretty funny it says the collectors aim right at the crossmember. You'd think as many Mopars as have been made he could get that right.

You can literally throw a set of 99 buck headers on a Camaro and they fit perfect.

Pretty funny it says the collectors aim right at the crossmember. You'd think as many Mopars as have been made he could get that right.

You can literally throw a set of 99 buck headers on a Camaro and they fit perfect.

The issues mentioned were with his low deck headers.

The RB headers were said to fit well and those are the ones shown in the pictures.

-
Back