Headers

-
Hello,
I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered 1,000 times.
Will the Headman 383 B body headers work on a 1975 Dodge 440 block in a '67 Barracuda and what is the diameter of the tubes?

Thanks, sincerely...
B-body headers are supposed to fit a lowdeck engine in an A-body with just a few minor dings.
A 440 is taller and wider. Meaning less clearance everywhere, in an already tight space.
I'm betting they don't fit without serious rework.
Edit: I was referring to the generic b-body headers. Maybe Kim was answering specifically for the Hedmans.

Last edited:
B-body headers are supposed to fit a lowdeck engine in an A-body with just a few minor dings.
A 440 is taller and wider. Meaning less clearance everywhere, in an already tight space.
Edit: I was referring to the generic b-body headers. Maybe Kim was answering specifically for the Hedmans.
Yes I am going 440 the block headers seem to dump right on my power steering box I have run hooker & pro part )race car) the pro parts work very good but I don’t want to cut into the wholes
So I am runner power steering and a 440

That’s right, Headman’s only. Kim

Thinking of going big block in my '69 Dart drag car,manual steering .
Who makes the best fitting under car header for this swap.
I have all sorts of B-body headers in the shop,Hooker,Headman....anyway to use any of these?
Thanks
I always liked Tubular Automotive headers. All factory clutch linkage fit with these if you happen to be running a 4 speed.

Could fabricate your own. Replacing the Schumacher ones I had on my 440 71 Dart and fabricating a set with 1-7/8 pipes. Not saying its super easy but its an option for sure.

Thanks Dr.
I have TTI race headers for a small block.
Guess I'll sale off my small block parts and go from there.
This is why I like big inch small blocks, the room for headers. But that average horsepower is going to be in the 500 range not 700

-
Back