Headers

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Looking for some headers ,I am on a budget being retired and on a fix income.so I can't afford TTI ,who makes a better header Headman or Hooker.i just your thoughts. Thankssssss.

Snake, maybe if you can tell us what you're workin on and with what engine? Remember, you know, but we may not or may have forgotten. Thanks.

Snake, maybe if you can tell us what you're workin on and with what engine? Remember, you know, but we may not or may have forgotten. Thanks.
Sorry 71 plymouth satellite 360 ps pb 904 with floor shift,I posted on fbbo 94 views not 1 reply.

Flow Tech makes a budget header.

Then if you want some ground clearance, there are shorties.

Thanks Rob I have been looking at Headman. 78050 and Hooker hkr5901 how do they compare. Never had flowtech

The summit brand headers work decent too and are not too expensive
I am running them now on a 318 B body. Works for me !
I went looow budget and did not spring for their coated ones.
No rust problems here in the desert. For you I would look at their coated ones.

B Body's have way more engine bay room for headers, even with a B or RB. If they say they will fit an A-Body too, pass. There are many B Body headers that don't have the tube under steering design.

Just buy the el cheepos on jegs/summit etc. Probably have to do some heat/hammer work anyway.

The budget headers of any brand work fine as long as you don't have the front suspension set to be low to the ground. At normal ride height, the tubes that go under the suspension on the drivers side should still be high enough to clear speed bumps.

Yeah. Cheap headers work. Running old Hooker Comps on my Duster 340.manual steering. Need to disconnect steering linkage but they fit. I'm even able to do it with the oil pan in place. But much easier if removed. Key is getting car up high, at least 3 feet so you can go straight up and in with some fiddling. Your mileage nay vary based on your setup, motor out condition etc.

Thanks Rob I have been looking at Headman. 78050 and Hooker hkr5901 how do they compare. Never had flowtech
I have Flow Techs on my Ford truck and they fit fine. I like um.

The budget headers of any brand work fine as long as you don't have the front suspension set to be low to the ground. At normal ride height, the tubes that go under the suspension on the drivers side should still be high enough to clear speed bumps.
That's why I included them Headman tight tubes shorties. He can have a lot of ground clearance with those and he still has headers. Although they are shorties, they are still WAY better than manifolds.

Yeah. Cheap headers work. Running old Hooker Comps on my Duster 340.manual steering. Need to disconnect steering linkage but they fit. I'm even able to do it with the oil pan in place. But much easier if removed. Key is getting car up high, at least 3 feet so you can go straight up and in with some fiddling. Your mileage nay vary based on your setup, motor out condition etc.
I had the cheap hedmans and they cleared the speed bumps. I switched to the cheap hookers after installing a new exhaust system and they hit the speed bumps. Guess I need to raise the front end now *sigh*.

Looking for some headers ,I am on a budget being retired and on a fix income.so I can't afford TTI ,who makes a better header Headman or Hooker.i just your thoughts. Thankssssss.
Summit Racing’s header, it’s been the best fitting header I’ve used and the flanges are 3/8 thick. Add a 1/4 inch in length to the header bolts. Use Summits dual exhaust kit. (2-1/2 inches)
Minor trimming needed. EZ-PZ kit. The kit comes with or without mufflers unless it’s changed. There mufflers are good for an EZ 400 hp.

Just buy the el cheepos on jegs/summit etc. Probably have to do some heat/hammer work anyway.
The Summit headers I used, 3 times on 2 different car bodies, required zero hammering. Unlike the;

Hooker
Hedman
BlackJacks

They all Equal Junk!

The Summit headers I used, 3 times on 2 different car bodies, required zero hammering. Unlike the;

Hooker
Hedman
BlackJacks

They all Equal Junk!
It's funny how no one ever said that until TTI and Dougs came out.

Ehhh, I had to dent then all. From minor on the Hookers to mangle and re pretzel the Black Jacks. The TTI’s aren’t perfect ether. Plenty of complaints in here. I had to put a half dollar dent in mine about a 1/4 deep for the steering box. It is what it is!

I ran the cheapie Hedman headers on my old 72 Satellite Sebring Plus back in high school and they dragged like a ****. That car was at stock ride height with stock 318 torsion bars. If you go with cheapie headers, I'd at least raise the front end a tad and make sure you've got some stout torsion bars up front. Otherwise, you'll flatten the hell out of those cheap headers - at least on the driver's side. I know I did. :BangHead:

I am running them now on a 318 B body. Works for me !
I went looow budget and did not spring for their coated ones.
No rust problems here in the desert. For you I would look at their coated ones.
Link does not work

I ran the cheapie Hedman headers on my old 72 Satellite Sebring Plus back in high school and they dragged like a ****. That car was at stock ride height with stock 318 torsion bars. If you go with cheapie headers, I'd at least raise the front end a tad and make sure you've got some stout torsion bars up front. Otherwise, you'll flatten the hell out of those cheap headers - at least on the driver's side. I know I did. :BangHead:
Have good ground clearance bars have bin raise a little +15 inch tires the headers that came with the car are ding speed bump carnage

-
Back