Headers

-

SWETPT

Reaction score
Would like to paint these headers to make them look a little cleaner, any suggestions

55f9_3.jpg

My son used this stuff on his stock car and seemed to hold up good

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 142.jpg

All 3 suggestions are good. The BBQ paint can come very flat in looks. I know they vary in huge.

The VHT I have used before on other stuff, not headers.

LeAnna would be pricey but permenant in good looks.

IF you do this yourself, have the headers blasted with sand. The paint will adhere to it very very good with a sandblasting.

Send them off the cudachick (Leanne) and have them ceramic coated.

Thanks for the referral David, but I'm not doing high temp ceramic header and manifold coatings anymore. I fired my high temp supplier last September and am still looking around for a suitable replacement (so far no one is blowin my skirt up though).

In the meantime, I'm referring header/manifold coatings customers to my pal Jason who owns AutoCycle Powder Coating in Chattanooga. His website is autocyclepc.com and his phone number is 423-876-8132. He does nice work, has quite a few good high temp colors to choose from and will treat you right. Be sure to tell him I referred ya.

VHT, follow the instructions and heat and cool, Hang them up, get a big propane torch used for killing weeds an a cheap Harbor Freight infrared heat sensor. Then paint, heat to correct temp, cool, heat again, etc.

-
Back