Headliner.Help

-

Ironracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
So my 51st is coming. Ol Lady want to do something. My Duster will be fleeting near done enough for me after I do a Headliner. Looks like there are a few available... what the heck do I go for? My seats and door panels are white, they have an off white liner on Rockauto... won't match... Any ideas or Suggestions are ALL APPRECIATED!!!!!!! Thanks Everyone!

Of the interior? There ain't a headliner on-board. Don't think I have the bows either? I'll post pics of what you think is required though?

Just a shot looking in. I just wanna see what the inside of the car looks like.

What color are the A pillar covers?

It's a modern version of the Dolly Parton song " Coat of many Colors" man, I miss all the patched up, 5 color body panels Muscle Mopars of days gone by...

20220106_003305.jpg

20220106_003318.jpg

20220106_003327.jpg

Black is my vote.

Match the A pillar cover.
I could get some Herbs Parts white and blast the trim... not sure if You seen my post last summer... I asked about White carpet... sad thing is. I KNOW my boot wearing *** would ruin the hell outta it... lol. Went w/ black.

That Being Said, and you seen in the Game way more than I, what is the deal w/ the molded headliners? I had one from a 71 Challenger Many moons ago, had a thing for lights up front... are they like that? And don't have the Bows for a soft top. So ANY Education You can give me will Be Appreciated greatly, Bro

Ok so I am assuming it's a cloth headliner with bows? From those fantastic pictures, it's just so hard to tell. LOL

In any event, I vote black too.

Ok so I am assuming it's a cloth headliner with bows? From those fantastic pictures, it's just so hard to tell. LOL

In any event, I vote black too.
Well, I ain't got one, at all... and I don't have the metal Bows.. I'm more familiar with those, than the ones I seen on the web. Some kinda hardboard, or pressed board, padded foam backed vinyl coated crap... seems too modern... What do You Think? I mean, I ain't got to have one! Lol.

Well, I ain't got one, at all... and I don't have the metal Bows.. I'm more familiar with those, than the ones I seen on the web. Some kinda hardboard, or pressed board, padded foam backed vinyl coated crap... seems too modern... What do You Think? I mean, I ain't got to have one! Lol.
What year is yours again? I THINK Dusters came with both, depending on trim level. I would go with the board style.

Also here's a tip. Get you some cardboard and cut it loosely to fit. You can paint it black. Flip it over and paint it white. Then you can try both colors before you decide. I think white could look good, too.

What year is yours again? I THINK Dusters came with both, depending on trim level. I would go with the board style.

Also here's a tip. Get you some cardboard and cut it loosely to fit. You can paint it black. Flip it over and paint it white. Then you can try both colors before you decide. I think white could look good, too.
Shoot Rob, heck I thickn you jes saved the Gal 200 or 300 bucks! Lol She's a Painter, and does craft type stuff... Maybe the mock up will Fly ! Lol. .... nah, I'd just have something to ***** about! Lol. So, here in FL, w/ the humidity, the non cloth and Bow would live ?

Sorry, she's a 74

Cardboard ones are easy to use.

Cloth and the bows are a pain in the *** and not super easy to install but thats a better look. (In my opinion.)

Maybe you could get one of the guys that's good with photoshop to work you up one in black and white. But they'd need a really good picture.

You can buy the board plain without material attached. That's what I did. Than I glued down the correct foam and the material of my choice. You could so the same. I should have pictures in my build thread. My Duster is a 76 ad it had the hardboard. Also bonus of getting plain being able to test fit it and modify it to fit perfectly before covering it.

Here's a link to the board I used. The material I used was black fabric with foam attached.

Project Riddler's Ride - 1976 Plymouth Duster

Riddler

-
Back