headliner help

-

dusterfanatic

The 340 Hammer
Reaction score
hey i was wondering is it hard to install a headliner in a 1970 duster and what is the best way to install it

I was thinking of installing my 67 coronet head liner but have never done one.
I hope there are some good tips from people that make it come out right.

Now that is some awesome info....what a nice website you have there 70duster440 that took some time to set up eh

I helped a friend install the headliner in his '66 Coronet last fall using some of the tips from the "resto Rick's" page. All the glass was still in the car and did not cause us any grief. We marked the bows front to rear with numbers to keep it organized and simple. We used a small army of small clamps to hold it in place. A wise investment. I don't have pictures of it, but it turned out nice with no wrinkles. Not a tough job, but you want to elect someone with good sense to help with it. This is a great DIY job you'll be proud of.

i used a abs plastic headliner to replace my cardboard type. Hardest part was getting started and finding screws for sun visors. Sails went in real easy. did not have to trim anything........headliner came from Acme Headlining in CA...sold by lots of dealers....I paid 209. which included sails from Jims Auto in NH.

hey i was wondering wut is the best kind of glue to use

I used Weld-On #1829 which is sold as a headliner glue. I imagine any quality contact cement would do the job. The only place glue is really used is along the sides at the roof rail. Everywhere else (with exception of sail panels) is held in place with the gripper teeth.

no glue is used on the abs headliner...........only had to used glue on sails to wrap excess material around plastic board.

-
Back