headliner install

-
I just installed a new headliner in my 70 H code 340 Swinger, 4 speed, it needed a replacement. I picked this car up last November. It has a black vinyl roof and I wanted to reduce the heat coming from the roof on hot summer days.
So I installed Dyamat to the roof underside before the headliner went in. There is a bonus too, it made the roof less tinny sounding, and it will help to reduce road noise too. Win-win situation, I think.

No point putting that material back that the mice love so much! Self bonding foil insulation first and then the headliner. One thing to note and I wish I'd done was a mist of flat black paint after it was installed as you can see the silver through the holes of the headliner material...
beerestoration2017 986.JPG

beerestoration2017 1236.JPG

No point putting that material back that the mice love so much! Self bonding foil insulation first and then the headliner. One thing to note and I wish I'd done was a mist of flat black paint after it was installed as you can see the silver through the holes of the headliner material...
View attachment 1715876238
View attachment 1715876240
yeah but I luv looking at the stars on a dark night

I just installed a new headliner in my 70 H code 340 Swinger, 4 speed, it needed a replacement. I picked this car up last November. It has a black vinyl roof and I wanted to reduce the heat coming from the roof on hot summer days.
So I installed Dyamat to the roof underside before the headliner went in. There is a bonus too, it made the roof less tinny sounding, and it will help to reduce road noise too. Win-win situation, I think.
So whose headliner did you use? And was there any pitfalls to the overall job? This is on my short list for my 340 swinger and would love any pointers.

When I bought the car these were included, a new headliner (it was just in an open box), front and back seat covers (Legendary Auto Interior) and a set of front and back window seals. He said he bought these items 5 years ago and never installed them. I had a friend install all the items, and had the glass company do the windshields. I just helped a little.

Last edited:
-
Back