Headliner insulation

-

My*65*Dart

Reaction score
Was looking around online for some headliner insulation for my '65 Dart and all I could find for pre '67 A-bodies was for 64-66 Barracuda's. I'm figuring I could probably use this (only 19 bucks), what do you think? Also what was the purpose of the sailboard cards? Are they there just to give a good surface to attach the headliner to in that area? The headliner I have has the material to cover those attached to it. Thanks.

Dynomat stick-on would also quiet roof noise. In my 1965 Newport, I used attic foil (plastic cells) from Home Depot, just held up by the headliner bows. Haven't been back to see how it held up, but home attics get pretty hot too. I don't feel any radiant heat from the roof and the summer sun is evil in the CA Central Valley.

The Headliner will cover the Sail Board cards.Extra is for Sun visors if you want.Work slow in the sail panel area.. it's easy to end up with wrinkles like I did on my 64. One more thing..lay it out in the sun for a day to get the fold marks out.Will make it easier to stretch.

-
Back