Headliner question

-

69GT

Reaction score
I pulled the original headliner out of my 69 Dart several years ago and I'm getting ready to install a new one soon. Can someone tell me how many of the wire hooks (as shown in the picture) there should have been attached to the front/rear headliner bows? I thought there were three when I took the old headliner out but now I can only find two of them so I am wondering if there were only two and not three as I thought. Also, however many of them there are supposed to be, could you tell me how many hook to the front and rear bows?

Attachments

• MVC-065S.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 267
There is only two. They hook to the rear bow so you can pull the headliner towards the front
for your initial stretch of the install.

I replaced my headliner a few weeks ago and only found 2 in the rear. Nothing in the front.

Any advise I read prior to attempting the replacement suggested starting in the middle and working your way toward the rear and front. I found starting at the rear worked well. If you haven't done this before (like me), the best thing I can recommend is take your time. I did it over the course of 3 or 4 nights, letting things stretch out a bit each night.....

The only thing that really would have saved me a bunch of hassle would have been having the rear window out.

Good luck!!

Two of them anchor the rear bow so you can pull the headliner forward without pulling that bow out of place. Simple enough. You'll want to do some measuring and test fitting before inserting those hooks through the bow sleeve though since they don't give much in the left / right directions either. Have fun

Thanks to all of you for answering my questions. I appreciate it.
Jim

-
Back