Heads?

-

Asktoro

Reaction score
I've been salivating over the twisted wedge heads from trick flow and compared them to w9 heads which is what im considering for my build in the future.

but it seems the best heads i'd get for a 340 would be the W-9 ... Is this true or does anybody know any better heads?

You sure do talk about those twisted wedge heads a lot. Are you a rep for the company testin for interest? If not since you love them so much, why not build a chebbie or phord? I have several friends that are rustang guys and there are better heads on the market. Where's 1wildandcrazyguy when you need him? Justin get in here and tell this guy how good you got them J heads flowin. He won't believe it anyway.

W9s will not bolt to a stock 340 block you'll need a newer block with a different degree in order for it to work. The best heads you can get for original 340 is the W2s or you can bump up to the aluminium W5 heads. Other than that you'll look at Indy, RHS, or Eddys. That said I have Eddy heads on my 340 with a roller cam.

No, im not a rep, I got offered a near immaculate 76 stingray vette that im probably going to turn down unless the guy adds cash to trade for my boat. GM and ford have a lot more part selection, I'm looking at brodix heads right now.

As for the stock block comment, i think everybody knows my base is going to be an R3 340.

Actually..... 48* is what I'm using for a block so 48* heads. That's a pretty damn sweet price! I was really hoping i could do something like try to make ford or chevy heads fit as mopar doesn't got a whole lot of choices... has anyone ever did that before? Would the cylinders match up or no?

ford and especially chevys need parts selection because there are so few stock parts worth a dam good night now putting a chevy head on a mopar hmmmmmmm ya go for it....Would the cylinders match up or no? how bout head bolt ...push rods ...oiling....cooling passages... you dont need a huge selection for your mopar your never going to make the power it take to beat a mopar guy out of a chevy on the street. if you got the money to try to adapt chevy parts to mopar go get a hemi and adapt it to your pyle vette of coarse the door will fall off

A Hemi was actually going to be my suggestion, although not as colorful as the wall put it. lol By the time you get done with either the R3 or the phord/chebbie abomination, you will have spent money deep into Hemi territory and beyond.

If you money to do that type of conversion, save time and money call up and order a 572 Hemi

LOL!

Vettes are junk.

Do the w9's on the R block, ask around on who does cnc porting to those and get it done.
When shopping heads..consider/compare the flow@lift and where you'll be cam wise...cause there is no sense going race heads when the valve is only lifted .575..unless the diff is big..

just make sure you gonna really be using the big flow number that you're paying for.

W9s will not bolt to a stock 340 block
Innnncorrect.MoPar has a set designed for a stock block.
The best heads you can get for original 340 is the W2s
Iron wise, yes. Excellent head.
or you can bump up to the aluminium W5 heads.
There not made anymore IIRC.
Other than that you'll look at Indy, RHS, or Eddys. That said I have Eddy heads on my 340 with a roller cam.
The Edelbrock head is an excellent head for the street - street strip guy. The abilty to run real quick with them ported is there. IIRC, we have a few guys running the 10's with ported Edelbrock heads. Not a 100% sure on that. Look into the racers forum up top where theres some stickey threads. There, you find a 13 sec thread, a 12 sec thread right on down to the 8's and 9's.

It contains what members used to get there.

-
Back