heard a good one today, what do you think

-

345man

mopar member
Reaction score
i am a diehard mopar fan, but i'd like to know if anyone else can shed some light on this, a friend of mine told me about a motor his engine man built for a tubbrb out 69 camaro with a 6 speed and air conditioning, heres the good part, its a 385 small block, no power adders, 13.4 compression, it run a 8.97 at 157, icalled foul but another call , the guy said he had the slip, DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS IS POSSIBLE, IM GOING TO SEE IT RUN NEXT TIME HE GOES. If this is true i jave found a new engine man. what do you think?:munky2:

'built for a turbo' + 'no power adders' + '13.4 compression' = "No way" right there. maybe 8th mile at 75mph, but definately doesnt sound like 8.97 @ 157

i don't know if a nascar motor would run that would it?

i think their cubes for nascar motors are max 360? off the top of my head. But i wouldn't think a nascar engine will 0-157 in sub 9seconds....but thats just my non-guru opinion!

i am a diehard mopar fan, but i'd like to know if anyone else can shed some light on this, a friend of mine told me about a motor his engine man built for a tubbrb out 69 camaro with a 6 speed and air conditioning, heres the good part, its a 385 small block, no power adders, 13.4 compression, it run a 8.97 at 157, icalled foul but another call , the guy said he had the slip, DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS IS POSSIBLE, IM GOING TO SEE IT RUN NEXT TIME HE GOES. If this is true i jave found a new engine man. what do you think?:munky2:

If this car is for real I want to meet the engine man also, I think it's bull ****, at 13.4 he'd have to be running av gas to keep her from hammering and what's with the 6 speed (maybe a vette tranny). It would have to be right out of a pro stock car and I think they're all limited to 5 speeds.

Terry:munky2:

We need a crack smokin smileyface for occasions like this

suppose to be a tremec 6 speed, maybe the lights messed up or the car he was racing ran that time?:munky2:

Sounds like one of those people you meet that has an original 440-Hemi Cuda R/T with the roadrunner wing on it with only 25,000 miles! thats out of state at a friends house!

We need a crack smokin smileyface for occasions like this

closest I can find
rauch10.gif

I'm going to assume that you mean a "Tubbed out" '69 Camaro?

That would make a lot more sense.

Not that anything else stated there does. Like why have air on a car that does 9's. And why have a Camaro?:bootysha:

-
Back