Heater box blower motor clearance

-

1969dodgedart

Big Block 440
Reaction score
Does anyone know if stock blower motor clears 440 performance aluminum valve cover ? I'm assuming not so is there an alternative shallower motor available?
15307223667531256421949067616663.jpg

the diameter of the motor is about the size of the hole. so id say yes. i googled dart 440 pictures and they all had no clearance issues

if you search, you will find write ups on this subject. long story short. you can space the motor in to clear tall valve covers.

Does anyone know if stock blower motor clears 440 performance aluminum valve cover ? I'm assuming not so is there an alternative shallower motor available?
View attachment 1715194468
there has been quite many discussions on here and bogblockdart.com. There is a mod. u can do to help. If u have raised port heads u might as well forget it in a 67-8-9 barracuda. I put an underdash hotrod heater in mine just for the defrosters. It has already gone bad., I pulled it out and fixed it but haven`t re installed it yet.

Warning:

Thread hi-jack in progress.

Is there a valve in the heater that stops coolant from flowing through the heater core? I think not but have not had a heater box apart to know for sure.

Hi-jack over returning to OPs thread.

No, on a heater only car coolant constantly runs through the heater core. No reason you couldn't add one if you'd like. You can use a vacuum switch.

I have the mopar performance valve covers and my blower motor hits them. So we are going to order the shorter version they sell on Amazon. That or delete the heater core and put a block off plate on the firewall.

-
Back