Heater box refinish/paint

-

khaley71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm rebuilding the heater box in my 71 Swinger, and I'd like to know how to make the box itself look new or at least cleaner. Does anyone know if the company's that rebuild the heater boxes paint them?

Don't know that, but I just sprayed mine with satin black before it went back in.

Attachments

• heater ready.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 247
I was actually thinking about doing just that but unsure of how it would turn out. Looks like my heater box is getting a couple coats of satin black. Thanks TrailBeast

I used Mothers 'Back to Black' on mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 241
All you need to do is clear it. Scuff it up lightly and spray the clear. The scratches will disappear and the box will look new.

I left mine natural as well! Painted the doors with Krylon Duplex Satin Black! Stuff sprays really nice!

I just cleaned mine with soap and water and then painted it with SEM semi-gloss clear. The doors were painted with SEM Trim Black. The clear really makes the box look like new!

Attachments

• PICT1867_fixed.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 211
I just cleaned mine with soap and water and then painted it with SEM semi-gloss clear. The doors were painted with SEM Trim Black. The clear really makes the box look like new!

Excellent work here! This is how a stock heater box should look..

-
Back