Heater Box Removal?

-

1BADGTS

Reaction score
I have my heater box loose in my 69 Dart but I can't get it to clear the dash.
The kickpanel on the right side has been removed and the fan motor and hoses are detached. It seems to be loose enough, just not enough clearance to slide under the dash.
Is there another spot it is attached? It doesn't seem to want to come away from the corner but I can't see anthing still holding it.
Thanks, Kim.

Oh yes , the corner! There`s a rod that travels up through your fresh air vent and hooks over the lip of the inner cowl. You can open the door and see it. The bolt that holds to the rod is accessible from the bottom of the fresh air vent.

Thanks! How did I miss that?
Once again, I'm so glad I found this site.
Hope I can help somebody someday.
Kim.

Whatever you do during this removal, do NOT lay upside down on your front seat and slide yourself under the unit for easier access..........

You'll find the physical benefits of attempting such a brainy shortcut are not what I would call "pleasant".

:burnout:

I took the right bucket out and sat it on an old piece of carpet beside the car. Comvienent place to sit and work, replacing heater core etc.
That long hook bolt works fine to hold a battery down put you'll have to agree it's a pizz poor way to attach that air vent to the cowl.

-
Back