Heater Control Panel Removal-73 Dart Sport

-

unreal1

Reaction score
First off...is the heater control panel supposed to illuminate when the lights are turned on, like the dashboard does?
If so, how do you remove the panel to replace the bulb if it's supposed to have one

Yes it should be back lit. You can probably get to the bulb from under the dash. If not, remove the glovebox liner and you will have easy access.

O.K..so it's SUPPOSED to light up then. I would still have to take of the dash panel that the unit and radio(which it doesn't have, no radio) are covered by to get at the bulb, no? I can't seem to fiure out how to remove it.

It just light up the slots where the controls come through. Its a really dim light but it does allow you to see where the controls are when its dark.
Its been a long time so going off memory. I think there is a metal bayonet base bulb holder mounted on the back of the control panel. You might try reaching up under the dash and see if you can feel it. Like I said, removing the glove box would give you good access.

The one bulb socket is in right side of the controller head. Pull the glove box liner.

The one bulb socket is in right side of the controller head. Pull the glove box liner.
Thank you...found the wire with the plug and the light attached and it works. However...it has a round push-in type socket and I cannot find where it would push into to save my life. Seems I've been all over the back and sides of the control with my hand and still cannot find a round hole anywhere. There's no radio in it so I can see in but still don't see anywhere it would go.
Any other hints??

Look on the side opposite the fan switch. This is from a 73 Dart Sport.

113447CF-54F8-4D1F-9148-A2FC56B4047F.jpeg

-
Back