Heater Core

-
When i took out the heater box i left the blower motor on the firewall ,thats were i am confused if there was a gasket between the blower motor and the heater box ,should have taken pics .
Can't tell what is between mine. There is something though. If it wasn't a rebuild kit gasket, I used some sort of goop to seal it.
IMG_6393.JPG

IMG_6392.JPG

Paul, I found a picture of the heater core side of my heater box. It shows the gasket I used. It looks a hair big, but I'm sure it sealed well when I installed it. I wish I could remember exactly. It must have made sense to use it there.
IMG_20200209_173011.jpg

Dang ,i got my car back together and not good i rebuilt the heater box with new seals and now it wont switch over to defrosters ,not sure why ,i sure dont want to take it apart again .any help please .Thanks

Dang ,i got my car back together and not good i rebuilt the heater box with new seals and now it wont switch over to defrosters ,not sure why ,i sure dont want to take it apart again .any help please .Thanks

Can you manually move the defroster lever where the cable attaches?

I unattached the cables and moved the arms manually and made no difference ,
Man, that's a drag! The fan is blowing to the floor, I assume... Can you feel resistance at the lever / arm when you it? Can you see the defroster door with a mirror, looking up through the floor heater duct?

My heater box was pretty simple. Don't know how different yours is.

Good luck!

Man, that's a drag! The fan is blowing to the floor, I assume... Can you feel resistance at the lever / arm when you it? Can you see the defroster door with a mirror, looking up through the floor heater duct?

My heater box was pretty simple. Don't know how different yours is.

Good luck!
Its strange the door opens and closes at the bottom were the defroster tubes are but no air,i will check it out ,not a winter car .LOL

I think...my memory isn't the best....that I used it for the driver's side fresh air box to cowl. Seems like I may have needed to cut it and make it smaller so it would fit.

Let me think in it!!!
I cant beleive it 66 put it alll back together and it wont switch over to defrost ,i feel maybe i have put the heater box back together in correctly .I have A/C .The flap at the bottom opens and closes were the defrost tubes go properly opens and closes but no air
.im puzzled

I cant beleive it 66 put it alll back together and it wont switch over to defrost ,i feel maybe i have put the heater box back together in correctly .I have A/C .The flap at the bottom opens and closes were the defrost tubes go properly opens and closes but no air
.im puzzled

I'm getting ready to head out on a drive. I'll look at mine when I get back and see if I can help since mine is an a/c box also.

Paul,

Here are some great figures from the field service manual. They should help determine which doors should be open and closed.

upload_2021-3-6_20-47-27.png

upload_2021-3-6_20-48-28.png

upload_2021-3-6_20-49-13.png

upload_2021-3-6_20-49-44.png

upload_2021-3-6_20-50-31.png

upload_2021-3-6_20-54-33.png

upload_2021-3-6_20-55-16.png

upload_2021-3-6_20-55-54.png

upload_2021-3-6_20-56-47.png

upload_2021-3-6_21-1-40.png

Info on Vacuum Control System Adjustments.

upload_2021-3-6_21-11-0.png

upload_2021-3-6_21-13-7.png

upload_2021-3-6_21-14-0.png

upload_2021-3-6_21-14-26.png

upload_2021-3-6_21-15-4.png

upload_2021-3-6_21-15-39.png

OOPS, Here is the Barracuda Installation. Not sure how different it is from the Fury.

upload_2021-3-6_21-17-36.png

upload_2021-3-6_21-21-19.png

upload_2021-3-6_21-22-11.png

upload_2021-3-6_21-12-11.png

By the way, wife and I drove around in the Barracuda for 3 hours. We made a few stops, picked up some Lavender plants for the front porch and some salmon for dinner! It was a great few hours out!! Of course, the 12 year old grandson (whom we are raising) only called about 4 or 5 times.

Glad you had a great night,Wow this is great stuff you have sent ,I noticed the blower air is comming from the A/C outlet i must have messed some thing up with the doors ,cant beleive i did that seems so simple .Oh well will keep plugging away ,hate the thought of haveing to redo it.Thanks you have been a great help .I will keep in touch

I would make sure you have vacuum and the right door opens and closes correctly.

Hopefully tomorrow ill have some time to look at mine to find out what vacuum line moves the door.

I would make sure you have vacuum and the right door opens and closes correctly.

Hopefully tomorrow ill have some time to look at mine to find out what vacuum line moves the door.
Your a great help . I cant beleive something so simple can give me so much trouble.I only removed two vacuum lines under the glove box near the door post and marked them ,maybe i will switch them and see what happens .Thanks again

Paul, do you have any movement of air when you push the different buttons?.

Mine has a central vacuum line that connects to the intake and branches off several times. One way Tees off to feed the "performance gauge" another goes to the heater /ac and branches off a few more times.

Without that central vacuum hose you won't have any movement of doors.

Paul, do you have any movement of air when you push the different buttons?.

Mine has a central vacuum line that connects to the intake and branches off several times. One way Tees off to feed the "performance gauge" another goes to the heater /ac and branches off a few more times.

Without that central vacuum hose you won't have any movement of doors.
I have some movement like the defrost flap but no change in air flow and when i puch the a/c button the bottom flap will open and the air comes out the A/C outlet all the time

Man, it sounds like a vacuum issue. But I guess it could be a door not opening mechanically. I think the linkage on the right side of the box, about where your left knee would be if you were sitting) is the one that opens and closes between heat to the floor or to the two holes that send it to the defrost. Its right up against the box. Try moving it up and down manually.

I remember pulling mine and I think you're right, I think I only disconnected the vacuum lines from the solenoid above the kick panel.

You might try pulling the glove box and making sure the vacuum lines coming through the firewall are connected.

Man, it sounds like a vacuum issue. But I guess it could be a door not opening mechanically. I think the linkage on the right side of the box, about where your left knee would be if you were sitting) is the one that opens and closes between heat to the floor or to the two holes that send it to the defrost. Its right up against the box. Try moving it up and down manually.

I remember pulling mine and I think you're right, I think I only disconnected the vacuum lines from the solenoid above the kick panel.

You might try pulling the glove box and making sure the vacuum lines coming through the firewall are connected.
Thanks so much for your help ,just great ,im going to keep checking for the problem ,i learnt something from your article ,when i hook up the cables ,Have the lever on the dash in the heat position .i will keep in touch and let you know how i make out .I dont know if it is possible i reinstalled a door inside the box wrong .

Hello 66,guess what found the problem .the vacuum pod under the box wasnt working.I must have a little extra foam on the door which stops it from opening and closing so i moved by hand and now it,s working ,This vacuum pod is just up over the passengers feet ,cant tell you how happy i am i dont have to take it apart again .Im getting to old for this stuff .LOL Thanks again so much for your help,Hope we can stay in touch .Paul

-
Back