Heater Core

-
Thats awesome!! Maybe it just needed a Kickstart. I'm with you on not wanting to pull the box out again :BangHead:
Well guess what ,the defroster wont switch over again today ,the vacuum pod seems to be frozen cant even move in and out anymore .LOL

If you can’t fix it you might be able to zip tie it in one position or the othe fir the season. Never leave home without your bailing wire or duct tape.

If you can’t fix it you might be able to zip tie it in one position or the othe fir the season. Never leave home without your bailing wire or duct tape.
Yesterday i could change the heat to defroster by hand ,not today seems frozen very strange .

That's weird. Something may be jammed. Can you remove the defrost tubes and feel inside for the door?

This is probably what is going on. The most likely failure mode for a vacuum can would seem to be a leak where the vacuum won’t operate it. Can you pull the vacuum actuator rod off the door to check to see if the door and the actuator both move freely?

I could also be a vacuum switch malfunction. Take the hoses off the actuator & see if that lets you move it, or easier yet, push the buttons a few times with the engine off to drain any captured vacuum & see if the door moves then.

This is probably what is going on. The most likely failure mode for a vacuum can would seem to be a leak where the vacuum won’t operate it. Can you pull the vacuum actuator rod off the door to check to see if the door and the actuator both move freely?

I could also be a vacuum switch malfunction. Take the hoses off the actuator & see if that lets you move it, or easier yet, push the buttons a few times with the engine off to drain any captured vacuum & see if the door moves then.
Thanks for the advice,You guys have been great

That's weird. Something may be jammed. Can you remove the defrost tubes and feel inside for the door?
Hi 66 ,one more question please .if you compressor is unplugged will the blower still blow air out the A/C vents under the dash .THis is all new to me Thanks

When my a/c and a/c max push buttons are selected, the Air blows out the large rectangle hole on the left where the vent would connect. Mine is no longer there.

-
Back