Heater Cover/Plate on Firewall

-

odie601

Reaction score
What is every one doing for a heater heater delete cover on the firewall? I have seen some sheet-metal over and make it really clean. And others just fab a round plate to cover the opening. Does anyone know what a factory delete plate looks like? If I can find something strange to cover the hole I will do that. lol Just looking at options or ideas I may have over looked. Thanks. :brave:

Plumcrazyfreak has an interesting cover, pretty nice work.

AndyF makes one. See here.

I got a repro plastic one off Ebay before AR Engr. started making them. The one I got wasn't made well at all, it was rough and porous. I may get the AR one anyway to save myself the trouble of fixing the other one.

You could also make one fairly easily. Its just a round, flat piece of material with 4 holes in it and one flat side.

AR Engineering link does not work. I have there link bookmarked and it doesn't work either. Yes I can have a 6" stainless/plate steel one made. Just curious what every one was doing. :brave:

I made mine from heating duct sheet metal, traced the original ring, cut it out with a tin snips and painted, cone me nothing and looks factory :D

Attachments

• Picture 095.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 230
  • Picture 281.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 243
I made mine from heating duct sheet metal, traced the original ring, cut it out with a tin snips and painted, cone me nothing and looks factory :D

That looks great. How big is your circle. I am guessing around 6" but I have removed the heater unit yet. :usa2:

Thanks! Can't remember but i'm sure it is, I just used the metal retainer ring and traced that, worked slick, also used a new gasket to seal it tight, nuts are inside the firewall...easy to get at cause I pulled the heater box :D

Attachments

• 011_1_1.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 012_1_1.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 013_1.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 236
-
Back