Heater hose fittings?? what did you do with them?

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
In the process of getting the eagle 5.7 together, and realized that the two heater hose ports on the timing cover are not threaded, and are pretty much only for the push in oem hose assembly, which i'd rather not use...Has anyone sourced a press in hose barb, or tapped these for NPT with success?

just wondered what you fellas did before dyno day comes.

Thanks!

Remember what size? So you dont run a heater core I take it? Thats

No not currently, IIRC 3/8" NPT. I figure when/if it gets a heater I will go to NPT/AN fittings and run braided heater hoses.

I was just going to cut mine and give them an AN flare and use the hard line adapters to attach AN hoses.

I used the heater lines on my 06 6.1. I then had a welder cut the hose ends off and tig weld AN steel fittings to the ends of the heater lines. Plan is to use black braided lines to the heater core.

Riddler

Ya I figured tapping them for npt, and then screwing in a npt to AN union fitting...or pipe plug, was probably easier than the fab needed to cut up $100 worth of new factory heater hose.

found a good pic! showing hose routing and such. for future ref.

Attachments

• 5.7 water lines.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 225
No not currently, IIRC 3/8" NPT. I figure when/if it gets a heater I will go to NPT/AN fittings and run braided heater hoses.

Just ran a 3/8 NPT pipe down the holes and it worked perfectly. i stopped the threads about 3/4 inches in. Thanks!

-
Back