Heater motor wire

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have looked over my service manual and can not find the two wires that leave the heater motor. The Dark green one goes to a resister, on top of the heater box. The other wire ( Brown) has an eyelet very close to the motor, with two wires, both Brown, may attach to the clamp for heater tubes through the firewall? The other Brown wire that comes out of this eyelet is long and can easily make it to the dash bottom and over to the radio area, it has a round ring eyelet at its end. Have been looking at it and going trying to retrace things, I just don't know where it goes. This is a '69 Dart Swinger, no A/C. Have tried to take a picture in there, the red connector is simply a butt connector

15845567574091905945550.jpg

it is a ground wire that goes to the body behind the cardboard side plates down by the floor under the dash on my 65 Valiant if that helps.

Thank you---Thank you! I found the spot. I took this stuff out last year, I guess thinking that I would remember where it went. I thought that it was a ground, just wanted it to be in the proper place.
Thank you again for answering!

The other wire ( Brown) has an eyelet very close to the motor, with two wires, both Brown, may attach to the clamp for heater tubes through the firewall?
correct!
The other Brown wire that comes out of this eyelet is long and can easily make it to the dash bottom and over to the radio area, it has a round ring eyelet at its end.
Grounding screw is behind the passenger side kickpanel.
I might be able to find a routing diagram later. In my 67, which is not a perfect example, it runs behind the heater box.
upload_2020-3-18_18-43-18.png

That's a small piece of black tape to keep it positioned below the kickpanel attachment screw- yes from the factory

I ran it to the dash and down to the right kick panel. I will check to see if it will still go behind and around the back of the heater, but I don't want to pull the heater again.
Thank you again for answering!

Found the a diagram. I tried to clean it up a little.
I thought I saw another but didn't see it when flipping through the book.
It looks like it routes along the firewall and then back.
If I'm at the garage in the next couple days I'll look.
View is as if we are standing with the passenger door open looking toward the center oif the dash.
upload_2020-3-18_21-11-25.png

-
Back