heating up a little more

-
Unless the engine is used for racing, the correct heat range plug is a '5' in NGK [ the best in my opinion ] or 12 in Champion.
A colder plug could actually cause o'heating because it could foul/misfire at lower rpms, making the engine work harder. Any time the engine has to work harder or inefficiently, it runs hotter.

If the engine has a decent size cam, it will need a LOT more timing at idle than the stock ~12* BTDC [ can be over 40* on occasion ]. Best done by connecting vac adv to manifold vacuum source, using an adjustable VA unit. Waste of time trying to get a non-adj VA unit to work.
More timing at idle will cool the engine because it burns the fuel more efficiently & reduces engine load. Happy engine.

Lean mixture can also cause hot running.

More on vac adv, scroll down to post #6.
www.hotrodders.com/forum/vacuum-advance-hooked-up-directly-manifold-bad-47495.html

Been all thru that , advance is tunable and controlled by the fast fuel inj. set up . 600 lift street roller doesn`t help at idle either .

Did you read what Bob already did? It doesn’t really matter what his engine specs are. The car is running hot. The fact Bobs already spent more then enough money chasing ghosts due to advice its time to do something else.

Yeah, but he's still not answered what I asked. There are also a pretty important thing he's not done, so there's that. But since you think it's chasing ghosts......

Yeah, but he's still not answered what I asked. There are also a pretty important thing he's not done, so there's that. But since you think it's chasing ghosts......

Did not say running hot , 200 aint too hot for me , its where it could go on okla. summer heat .
But , as I said , its running warmer w/ the hotter plug , and much cleaner .

Well I'm confused, I thought we were talking about temp problems.

-
Back