Hedman 75110 fenderwell header cut out templates

-

scotty1966

Reaction score
Just got a set of the Hedman 1 7/8 fender well headers for my 66 Valiant, but there were no fender well cut out templates. Anyone have them by chance?
Going to Call Hedman tomorrow. Maybe they forgot to send them.

None of the fenderwell headers I have ever bought can
with templates. I wish they did. Maybe they may now as this
was years ago.
Start small a work you way up =It is hard to put the fenderwell back in.
NHRA only allows 1 inch around the header for installation.

None of the fenderwell headers I have ever bought can
with templates. I wish they did. Maybe they may now as this
was years ago.
Start small a work you way up =It is hard to put the fenderwell back in.
NHRA only allows 1 inch around the header for installation.
I know Hooker had templates ,because I had a pair of them years back on my 67 Valiant . Suprised Hedman doesn't have them . Oh well ! No big deal . I will just carefully notch the fenderwells and replace any over cut tin and weld it back in ..

Keep us posted on how it works out.
It would be great if you could make templates for those of us heading in that direction.

Fenderwell headers for a 66 A body? Are they for a SB or BB?

I have a set of hedman H75141-6 but they are 68+. If there is any relevant info I can give you, I'm happy to take measurements. I don't know if Hedman would have any internal reference to compare the two. May be of absolutely no use to you, but I wanted to chime in because I also "started small" and my holes ended up bigger than I wanted them. So my advice is to start VERY small...and cut / grind 100 times if needed. my car is no show piece, but it always disappointed me I didn't do a better job on this.

Just got a set of the Hedman 1 7/8 fender well headers for my 66 Valiant, but there were no fender well cut out templates. Anyone have them by chance?
Going to Call Hedman tomorrow. Maybe they forgot to send them.
Hedman 1-7/8's on my '65 Barracuda. I never received any templates. I agree with everyone else... cut as little as possible... slowly.
scan0016.jpg
scan0017.jpg

They do not want any excess weight reduction in Stock/SS
they DQed my car in 77 at Winternationals and it took all night to
fab and weld enough of the fenderwell back in from a wrecked 64
from the wrecking yard in Pomona. After that you would have to remove engine
to get header out.

-
Back