heeler and tires

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We have a Red Heeler, that gets worse about trying to grab a tires as we leave.. New tire on the little Tacoma pickup 6 months ago and now we have a slow leak on a couple of them, this AM one was almost flat. Ruined tires I guess! I check them out close, and every darn ones have what looks like really small puncture and some of those form a crack. Nothing on the inside sidewalls. Can this darn dog do this, they are just cheap 4 ply tires I know. I don't need 6 ply and those are all too nubby and noisey!.

Let’s see the heeler! Here is our boys…yes I’m sure if they wanted they could easily chew up a tire, but if it’s leaking from a crack it could be a cheap tire. Is the side that’s leaking have white wall or white lettering?

840487FE-0866-4ABD-81FF-123DD2946A3E.jpeg

cracks are not good, leaking cracks are bad. how much sun do they get? 6 months seems a bit soon for leakage. are you sure that's where they are leaking from?

cracks are not good, leaking cracks are bad. how much sun do they get? 6 months seems a bit soon for leakage. are you sure that's where they are leaking from?
I have had them checked for very slow leak ( 2 of them), he thought leaking at rim maybe. I can take them to another tires shop and let them look at them, BUT good chance they will just want to sell me 4 new tires!

These tires were wide and 17 inch, I forget the size, and $180 each which is maybe cheap enough for that size tire today, but not for our wallet! I am pissed at the tires, the Heeler, and wife is pissed at me because I am pissed. I'm sure she thinkings I was just buying junk tires, the last ones ( cheap ones 3 years ago were probably $120 each tops) lasted us 3 years. But another cheap brand. She figure I should be like her son and buy $400 tires like him for his 3/4 pickup ( his baby) but we don't make a whopping $160,000, a year like him and his wife. Weare old and always broke! :BangHead:
:steering:

Years back when going to this junk yard the dogs would always surround the car and bite the tires on the way in. The one day the black Shepard bit a hole in the tire while rolling. Once stopped they would lick you to death but they hated tires.

a few years ago our mail carrier and parked in my hay field across road. I stopped to help her and she swears the neighbor across the road' blue heeler bite hole in her tires. I know dog always chased her but didn't think it could do that. She asked Michael to pay for her tires

Get a spray bottle and put some dish soap and water in it.

Spray around the bead look for bubbles.

My spare is a new tire and I cleaned (sanded) the bead before assembly. It leaks down in about a year. No reason to think the tire is leaking. So I assume it's the bead or the 56 year old steel wheel.

Get a spray bottle and put some dish soap and water in it.

Spray around the bead look for bubbles.

My spare is a new tire and I cleaned (sanded) the bead before assembly. It leaks down in about a year. No reason to think the tire is leaking. So I assume it's the bead or the 56 year old steel wheel.
Tires have been pulled twice, cleaned and got goop...beads are good.

-
Back