helgesen E-tool??? Help!

-

qwk dust

Reaction score
I am getting ready to go at the 302 casting heads with the old grinder after having practiced for about 8 hours on my original '74 318 heads. I keep reading about how the 302 heads have less material around the pushrod and to be very careful. The articles I have read talk about using a Helgesen E-tool to determine how much metal you have before cutting into the pushrod hole. I have looked everywhere and can't find this tool. Does anybody know where to get one? Here is the link to the article that references it and shows a picture. Thanks
http://www.hotrod.com/howto/113_0304_318_small_block_build/index.html

QWK Dust,

Steve Dulcic knows him. Mopar Muscle did some articles about Steve's work with the 'Magnificent W2' Also Steve did a small block manifold mods and was assisted again by Helgesen. You might want to go to the Mopar Muscle web site and find the articles. The 'E' tool does work very well. I have one and you are welcome to use it if you like. Just PM me.

Terry

Terry, Thanks for the offer! I may have to take you up on it. I have emailed them already with no respone. I would really like to just buy one if anybody else knows where to find one. Where did you get yours if you recall? thanks again. Skip

Why not use a Johnstown K-stator instead.

They're easier to find:bootysha:

68, is that a real suggestion or just a smart a$$ repsonse thinking you are funny? :thebirdm: I found no such tool on google. I was asking for real help like Terry provided.

Skip,

I got mine from Helgesen himself. Talked at length on the phone with him. Very nice and personable guy, very sharp and knowledgable. I should still have his info out in the shop..I will get back to you ASAP. I think 68 was just having some fun there, no harm done really.

Terry

Skip,

I think I have what you need. This is from the article in Mopar Muscle, Nov. 2001. By Steve Dulcich. "Porting the Magnificent W-2" . Very GOOD read for anyone wanting to modify thier heads themselves. Skip if this doesn't work, PM me and I will give you his mailing address. Also keep us posted to your progress.

Terry

Roger Helgesen AKA (Doctor Air)
(714)-535-5748

Thanks again Terry, I will give him a call when it gets opening time over on the west coast.

I figured 68 was trying to make a funny but you never know so I wasted time searching.

The E tool is cool, but I havent yet ever gone thru at the PR bore. Gone thru plenty of other spots...lol. Just never there. I've never seen that tool in person tho. Also, the small transducer for the sonic tester helps too.

-
Back